Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cbr to vbr (Read 3224 times) previous topic - next topic

Cbr to vbr

I'm beginning to rerip all of my cds to vbr and so far I've noticed a difference. In other words it sounds better than the cbr rips. The reason I'm posting is because I'm wondering if its normal to notice a difference. My cds were ripped at 320, now its v2. I used and am currently using eac and lame. This is the first time I'm ripping them at vbr.

Cbr to vbr

Reply #1
Doesn't surprise me at all.

Cbr to vbr

Reply #2
Well, are you setting up a blind ABX test or just playing the files?  If you are just playing the files and switching back and forth (or have them in a playlist) then I imagine the difference that you are hearing is the placebo affect unless the mp3 encoder you used for the 320kbps CBR rips is extremely old.

Either way VBR should provide more than enough quality especially at the -V 2 setting.

Cbr to vbr

Reply #3
I'm just ripping and deleting the old files. So I'm just playing the new files and relying on what I felt the old ones sounded like. I know thats unreliable but whatever.

Cbr to vbr

Reply #4
lol

Cbr to vbr

Reply #5
Actually I've done some comparing, either way I need to save some space.