Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WHERE is the implementation for synthesis filter bank of ISO-11172 com (Read 5645 times) previous topic - next topic

WHERE is the implementation for synthesis filter bank of ISO-11172 com

the standard specfified a medium complexity implementation for the synthesis filter bank. The specification is shown below

now, I want to seperate the 32 subbands out, and I will check the frequency component of every subband.
but i have no idea how the proposed flow chart come from.

So, can anybody show me any tips?

Best Regards

Reply #1
the standard specfified a medium complexity implementation for the synthesis filter bank. The specification is shown below [...]
now, I want to seperate the 32 subbands out, and I will check the frequency component of every subband.

Ok, then, what's the problem?

but i have no idea how the proposed flow chart come from.

Does it matter where it came from?

So, can anybody show me any tips?

Try rephrasing your question.

Cheers,
SG

Reply #2
I am sorry, my question is:
in the alogrithms of synthesis filter bank, the synthesised result should be the sum of 32 subbands: result=sb0+sb1+....+sb31;

but in the proposed implementation, i can't find the 32 subbands.

In fact, I want to calculate the spectrum of each subband, e.g. the spectrum of sb0, sb1....sb31.  But I can not find the signal of each subband in the proposed algorithms of ISO-11172.

is it clear?

Reply #3
They come from the exact same PQMF filter as Layer II.

Reply #4
Don't you want to look at the analysis filterbank if you want to create the subbands?

Reply #5
[...] But I can not find the signal of each subband in the proposed algorithms of ISO-11172.

I still fail to see what you're asking for. Didn't you already check the effect of zeroing some subbands prior synthesis?

You might want to tell us what your goal is. I'm guessing here that you're trying to exploit the filterbank to do cheap lowpass filtering -- either at the encoder side (like LAME does) or at the decoder side (for whatever reason).

Cheers,
SG