Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: title formatting "globally" (Read 3803 times) previous topic - next topic

title formatting "globally"

I'd like to use titleformatting to create text for window title. I first thought that simply running the titleformat_object will do the trick, then I tried using playback_control to exec the script, but when playback is stopped it returns nothing. What is the right way of doing this? Should I implement some hook or what? I'm running out of ideas. Of course, I'd like to use current playing context as default source of information.

Cheers.

Reply #1
What is the right way of doing this? Should I implement some hook or what?
You should check whether some track is playing or not. For example, you could check the return value of playback_control::playback_format_title(). Just as a recommendation: Do not use title formatting to set the window title when playback is stopped.

Reply #2
yes, I did that eventually.  but I thought there might be another way of doing it, that I might have been overlooking.