Skip to main content

Topic: Fun with the spectrogram visualisation (Read 26991 times) previous topic - next topic

• morbit
  • [*]
Fun with the spectrogram visualisation
Reply #25
I'm trying to capture Spectrogram image, then play it in Coagula.. Why it wont work?

Colour interpretation?

• dhromed
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
> I'm trying to capture Spectrogram image

Odd that you have problems -- the spectrum vis doesn't use a different colour depth than your dekstop (even the fullscreen isn't really fullscreen, but just a borderless window that covers everything), so hitting printscreen and pasting somewhere should work.

It works for me, anyway.

• morbit
  • [*]
Reply #27
Well it works, but output does not match

music -> image.bmp

coagula + image.bmp != music

• dhromed
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
In that case there may be issues with how coagula interprets the image data. It's been a while since I last had it installed.

As far as I know, it outputs red tones to one channel, and greener ones to the other. I'm sure playing around with Coagula's options will allow you to interpret a monochrome image, and set foobar's spectrum colours to a suitable black-white gradient.

Perhaps you can even tell it to use foobar's dual-channel output, and have it split the image.
  • Last Edit: 04 May, 2008, 03:19:15 PM by dhromed

• morbit
  • [*]
Reply #29
I've already played with monochrome, with no luck. However it was converted from full color, so maybe I better start with foobar2k settings.

• Polarix
  • [*]
Reply #30
Since 0.9.5.1, I do rather miss the ability to see noise (AKA detect transcodes).

In fact it's almost enough to drive me back a point. What I really want is an option for the old method of spectrum analysis. Is that hard to provide?
  • Last Edit: 06 May, 2008, 06:16:49 AM by Polarix