Skip to main content

Topic: [Not my release] foo_uie_panel_splitter (Read 273426 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] foo_uie_panel_splitter
Reply #775
Firstly, i want to thank all of the users that have assisted me with various aspects of Foobar, this is truly a awesome program, with so many possibilities.

ok, onto my question.

I am trying something new now for my layout.

A panel splitter, with all the other things inside, i would however like to make my wallpaper of my panel splitter to be visible on the panels i add ontop of it, hope I am making sense.

here is a example. its just two things i randomly placed, to make my point.

as you can see, i have added a esPlaylis, and a WSH panel, i would like to have the wallpaper also visible in them, i tried the pseudo transparecy, but it did nothing, not sure if it is for this.
  • Last Edit: 12 December, 2011, 12:14:54 PM by endlesslyonline

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #776
Did you enable pseudotransparency in both the containing PSS + the es_playlist/wsh mod panels? This should work provided you have the wallpaper in the base PSS - it will not work if you're trying to see the windows desktop wallpaper.
  • Last Edit: 12 December, 2011, 12:27:42 PM by WilB

Reply #777
Did you enable pseudotransparency in both PSS + the es_playlist/wsh mod panels? This should work provided you have the wallpaper in the base PSS - it will not work if you're trying to see the windows desktop wallpaper.

Yea, the wallpaper is in the base of PSS, where/how do i enable transparency for the rest of the panels? (playlist, wsh, or any other panels for that matter?)

*edit* ok, got it sorted for the wsh panel, but for the rest of the panels, the configure button is greyed out?
  • Last Edit: 12 December, 2011, 12:29:22 PM by endlesslyonline

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #778
Select the containing PSS and configure. You can then configure most of the panels within it. Else you can right click a displayed panel to access its settings
  • Last Edit: 12 December, 2011, 12:53:31 PM by WilB

Reply #779
Select the containing PSS and configure. You can then configure the panels within it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Suppose to be here? as you can see, it is greyed out?

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #780
Just directly right click on the displayed es_playlist, i.e. where your cover images are shown in post #776, (or whatever plug-in it is). If its es_playlist the pseudotransparency option is under options\configure.
  • Last Edit: 12 December, 2011, 12:51:48 PM by WilB

Reply #781
Just right click the displayed es_playlist.

OK, got it ! Thanks

are all components able to be transparent? I have now tried to make a filter also transparent but cant find the settings for it.
Sorry with all the questions, help is appreciated.
  • Last Edit: 12 December, 2011, 01:12:34 PM by endlesslyonline

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #782
No, not all components can be made transparent. In particular, if I remember correctly, those that are in-built to columns UI such as the filter or ng playlist cannot be made transparent. Abum list panel and library tree cannot be made transparent either.
  • Last Edit: 12 December, 2011, 01:30:39 PM by WilB

Reply #783
No, not all components can be made transparent. In particular, if I remember correctly, those that are in-built to columns UI such as the filter or ng playlist cannot be made transparent. Abum list panel and library tree cannot be made transparent either.

ok, then last one, i know its not suppose to be asked here, but the discussion is already in progress, does anyone have a WSH panel script that acts like the columns UI album/genre/artist filter?

• derty2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #784
"a WSH panel script that acts like the columns UI album/genre/artist filter"
I assume you mean you want a WSH panel script which will read selected tags and display the lines of text using foobar2000 title formatting syntax.

Yes that would be a handy script. If anybody has such a script, can you make sure you leave A LOT of guiding comments in the script in your preamble header info; this way noobs (such as me and endlessyonline) can modify the thing to suit ourselves without asking a million trivial questions at the thread "WSH Panel Mod Script Discussion Help".

Reply #785
hey, who are you calling a newb?

lol, jokes, im probably the noobest noob on here >.<
  • Last Edit: 19 December, 2011, 05:48:28 PM by db1989

• emte
  • [*][*]
Reply #786
No. $imageabs caches the image. You have to use $drawimage, which does not cache the image, to achieve what you want.

Thanks, it did the trick. I thought that $drawimage doesn't support shadow effect, but it's working falwlessly.

Reply #787
i have a PSS with a wsh panel with buttons on it, how do i go about putting the wsh in the center of the PSS?

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #788
I suggest you tick forced layout and use $movepanel(i,x,y,w,h)  or  $movepanel_c(caption,x,y,w,h)

Below uses width = 100 and height  = 25 pixels of wsh button panel

Put code in Script\PerTrack

Caption = name of panel; wsh_button_panel used below

$puts(w,100)
$puts(h,25)
$puts(x,$div($sub(%_width%,$get(w)),2))
$puts(y,$div($sub(%_height%,$get(h)),2))
$movepanel_c(wsh_button_panel,$get(x),$get(y),$get(w),$get(h))
  • Last Edit: 14 December, 2011, 04:58:10 PM by WilB

Reply #789
thanks, did the trick!
  • Last Edit: 19 December, 2011, 05:48:44 PM by db1989

• Versager
  • [*]
Reply #790
Hey-hey. Problem: i have Like button -
Code: [Select]
$if($or(%ps_isplaying%,%ps_ispause%),
$ifequal(%RATING%,0,
$imagebutton(257,10,,,stuff\heart_off.png,stuff\heart_off_h.png,SETTAG:rating:5;REFRESH),
$imagebutton(257,10,,,stuff\heart_on.png,stuff\heart_on_h.png,SETTAG:rating:0;REFRESH)))

She works, but don't refresh image after first click, to refresh must click again. Can possible fix this?

P.S. Sorry for my English. 

• Mooe
  • [*]
Reply #791
Hello!
Is it possible to make a panel's background transparent, but with the text visible?

I have the panel "Item Details" on top of "Channel Spectrum Panel", but the panel for "Item Details" has a grey background that is visible when the visualization is on.

Edit: Fixed it! God damn how satisfying it is when you just... fix it. Well, I just simply scripted it with the help from a post in the thread, instead of using Columns UI's Item Details. I put this into "PerTrack":

$font(Segeo UI,14,)
$drawstring(%artist%,1,1,%_width%,%_height%,0-0-0-255,hcenter,)
$drawstring(%album%,1,30,%_width%,%_height%,0-0-0-255,hcenter,)
$drawstring(%title%,1,60,%_width%,%_height%,0-0-0-255,hcenter,)

Edit 2:

Another problem though. How do I change the font? Once I replace "$font(Segeo UI,14,)" with a font like "$font(Arial,14,)" nothing happens. It stays the same, default font.
  • Last Edit: 19 December, 2011, 04:37:54 PM by Mooe

• Versager
  • [*]
Reply #792
Hey-hey. Problem: i have Like button -

Fixed. Put a tick in the "evaluate scripts when track info is modified"

• Versager
  • [*]
Reply #793
Another problem though. How do I change the font? Once I replace "$font(Segeo UI,14,)" with a font like "$font(Arial,14,)" nothing happens. It stays the same, default font.

I do not think the problem in the code, because it works for me, and font changes. I do not know why it does not change you. I do not know how to fix it, but I can tell you, how to change the background color in the Item Details -

P.S. And sorry for my English.

• Mooe
  • [*]
Reply #794
I no longer have any issues with Item Details, but thanks anyway. I just need to find out why the hell the font won't change...

Edit:

Seems that I can only certain fonts. Others just make the text disappear (blank panel) and some just reverts back to default font.

In Item Details panel however, I can use whatever fonts I like - no problems there whatsoever. But when I am scripting in Panel Splitter, it doesn't work.
  • Last Edit: 19 December, 2011, 06:27:16 PM by Mooe

• Versager
  • [*]
Reply #795
Hello, and Happy New Year.
How to know in PSS the height of a dynamic panel?
I have PSS, esplaylist, Playlist tabs, curved hands and a button:
$ifequal($get_ps_global(Playtabs),0,
$imagebutton($sub(%_width%,32),37,,,stuff\star.png,stuff\star_h.png,
SETGLOBAL:Playtabs:1;
SETGLOBAL:pt:100;
REFRESH),
$imagebutton($sub(%_width%,32),37,,,stuff\star_on.png,stuff\star_on_h.png,
SETGLOBAL:Playtabs:0;
SETGLOBAL:pt:62;
REFRESH))
$showpanel_c(Playtabs,$get_ps_global(Playtabs))
$movepanel_c(EsPlaylist,0,$get_ps_global(pt),%_width%,$sub(%_height%,$get_ps_global(pt)))

The coordinates esplaylist based on the size of tabs on 2 rows. Accordingly, if you add\remove lists, and rows will be more than two or one - tabs or layed on esplaylist, or there will be empty space in the width row of the tabs.
The challenge is to replace "$get_ps_global(pt)" to "$add(62,%playtabs_height%)". Question: Is there a possibility to request in PSS "%playtabs_height%"?

P.S. and yes, sorry for my English.
  • Last Edit: 31 December, 2011, 09:23:27 PM by Versager

• iregados
  • [*]
Reply #796
Someone can help me here?
I cant understand what's wrong with my code

$textbutton(
$sub(%_width%,70),80,40,14,
$ifequal(%like%,1,Unlike,Like),
$ifequal(%like%,1,Unlike,Like),
$ifequal(%like%,1,'SETTAG: like:0; REFRESH','SETTAG: like:1; REFRESH') ,
fontcolor:$ifequal(%like%,1,$get(cor.like.off),$get(cor.like.on)) right top,
fontcolor:$ifequal(%like%,1,$get(cor.like.off),$get(cor.like.on)) right top
)

this is not refreshing properly and not even working as it should but i cant figure out why, some help here please?

• WilB
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #797
I am not sure that the syntax in the following part is correct.

$ifequal(%like%,1,'SETTAG: like:0; REFRESH','SETTAG: like:1; REFRESH'),

Try removing the spaces after the colons and take the REFRESH out of the quotes, e.g.

SETTAG:like:$ifequal(%like%,1,0,1);REFRESH,
  • Last Edit: 10 February, 2012, 05:57:14 PM by WilB

• godrick
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #798
I've added what I think is the latest version of PSS (0.3.8.3 (alpha)), and added it to a CUI layout, but when I hit the "configure" button, nothing happens.  Any ideas on what's going wrong and how to get the PSS configuration dialog to appear?  I'm also using what I think is the latest versions of CUI (0.3.8.8) and Foobar2000 (v1.1.11).  The "configure" button seems active because it's not greyed out, but it's not working. I've closed and re-opened Foobar2000 to ensure the addition of the panel stuck, which it has, but no change to my inability to get the "configure" dialog to appear. Thanks.
  • Last Edit: 13 February, 2012, 11:09:31 AM by godrick

• marc2003
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #799
seems to be a bug if you place it as the very root splitter on your layout. instead put a standard columns UI vertical or horizontal splitter as the base and then add a PSS panel to it like my screenshot here....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/pss%20background.png