Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: embed CUE into MP3 image (Read 6837 times) previous topic - next topic

embed CUE into MP3 image

I have a few albums I ripped using EAC's Copy Image mode with a cuesheet and I'm wondering if and how you go about embedding the CUE into the MP3 image. To go along with that, do most popular players (WinAmp, iTunes, WMP, foobar, etc.) detect and read the embedded CUE?

embed CUE into MP3 image

Reply #1
Winamp, foobar2000: yes

iTunes, WMP: no

Others: ???

With foobar2000 I think embedding is just a matter of right-clicking on the file.

With Winamp, I use the mp3cue plugin.  Maybe the current version doesn't need a plugin, I'm not sure.  I'm still using 5.35.

embed CUE into MP3 image

Reply #2
So would it be better to embed the CUE or leave it separate?

embed CUE into MP3 image

Reply #3
In the case of the Winamp plugin I mentioned, you will lose gap information if you embed the CUE sheet.  I don't know about foobar2000.

It isn't something I typically do, to be honest.  My mp3s are separate tracks.  I used to rip single-file images as lossless but they're done as separate tracks as well these days.

embed CUE into MP3 image

Reply #4
So would it be better to embed the CUE or leave it separate?

It is not part of the ID3v2 spec so I wouldn't. But I really wished it was, and supported by all players.

A lot of DJ Mixes are continuous tracks by production and it would be nice to have CUE support you do not have to split the MP3 and break the integrity.

embed CUE into MP3 image

Reply #6
For me to have a single file with everything inside (art, cue) is very convenient. I use foobar2000 and have mostly lossless images.
If I need some songs on a player I use "convert" function of foobar. It allows direct converting of certain songs from an image to lossy format.
But... sometimes mp3 images occur. So..

greynol wrote:
With foobar2000 I think embedding is just a matter of right-clicking on the file.

How to do this? (how to embed cue into mp3?)

And is there any mean of extracting the tracks from mp3 image without reencoding in foobar?