Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: One-click ripping, tagging, album art, transcoding (Read 3797 times) previous topic - next topic

One-click ripping, tagging, album art, transcoding

Hi Foobs,

I've finally taken some time to learn how to rip, tag, transcode and organise my music collection with Foobar 2000 and I couldn't be happier with the program.  It really is the best.

I rip to flac level 5, tag and download art (folder.jpg) with Picard, then use Foobar to transcode to 320kBit/s CBR MP3 for playing on my PS3, Phone etc.

When I demonstrated this beautifully elegant solution to my wife, she immediately went back to using Media Player to rip CDs 'because it was easier'.  I appreciate that MP is kinda idiot proof in terms of 1-click rip etc, but what is the closest to 1-click rip, tag, art, transcode I could achieve using Foobar?

Anyone managed to create an automated scenario my wife would appreciate? 

Reply #1
Moderation: Removed full quote of previous post.

Apparently my first post upset someone, as it got deleted.

But, I would recommend you look at using something other an Foobar to do this.  Someone correct me if I am wrong, but there is no easy way to do all of this in one step in Foobar.

As I mentioned before, I would recomend that you look at using EAC in combination with REACT2 or use dBpoweramp Music Converter

Either of these, when configured correctly, will let you rip, encode to multiple formats and grab album art.

Reply #2
Moderation: Removed full quote of previous post.

OK, thanks.  I'll take a look at those other programs.  Sorry if I offended anyone  .

Reply #3
i have made my script autoripf2k for my wife ,    one-click ripping, tagging, album art, embedded album art  for flac mp3 mp4 ,timestamp,  replaygain, play after ripping, transcoding...

Moderation: Fixed the link.
Music is my first love.

Reply #4
Please note that such AutoHotkey scripts introduce compatibility issues, by relying on undocumented behaviours such as the names and order of various dialog items, which may change without any notice in future foobar2000 versions, and are thus disrecommended. foobar2000 components accessing functionality like that would be banned on sight.

Reply #5
foobar2000 components accessing functionality like that would be banned on sight.

I kind of thought that would be the case - thanks for all the replies.
DBPowerAmp seems to meet all my requirements.