Reply #100
Hi,

thank you and keep up the good work^^

HF, Clobon

• LigH
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #101
I understand the cause of the problem. But, I don't find an efficient solution for the moment. 
Probably the basic solution is not possible in "Advanced Encoder Options".

When somebody finds the good method, I am glad.

In that case there is only one solution... "More bitrate". Alright then - Prodigy deserves it!
http://forum.gleitz.info - das deutsche doom9/Gleitz-Forum

• bukem
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #102
@john33 & lvgcl:
Guys, should we let know foobar2000 developers about that bug or you just have done it already?

• bukem
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #103
And as somebody Spikey already asked - does anyone knows if BlackSword is working on optimized version of Aoyumi 5.5. Do we have his e-mail or anybody can let him now about new version?
  • Last Edit: 06 April, 2008, 04:54:32 PM by bukem

• alter4
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #104
The problem detected by LigH is audible up to q6.
100% Killer sample!
  • Last Edit: 08 April, 2008, 04:11:59 AM by alter4

• LigH
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #105
The problem detected by LigH is audible up to q6.
100% Killer sample!

In that case:  Rooobeeertooo!!! (Amorim)

He may love that for a possibly fresh ABX test with current encoders, if he does them still.

• alter4
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #106
I tested beta 5.5 on some similar electronic samples. I couldn't reproduce described above problem. It seems as this isn't a production problem.
I am happy 
  • Last Edit: 10 April, 2008, 02:59:20 AM by alter4

• vinnie97
  • [*][*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #107
Thanks!  Most excellent.  I think doing another multiformat 64 kbps is overkill but what about 80 kbps?  I know there was something in the works from Sebastien but hadn't heard about it in a while (also out of the loop recently).

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #108
Aoyumi, if you figure out how to fix such a problem, would you release a post-beta5.5 with the fix (or a b5.51 fix as in b4.51)?  Thanks for your efforts.
Copy Restriction, Annulment, & Protection = C.R.A.P. -Supacon

• Aoyumi
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #109
Aoyumi, if you figure out how to fix such a problem, would you release a post-beta5.5 with the fix (or a b5.51 fix as in b4.51)?  Thanks for your efforts.

I will announce it in one way or another if I found a better method.
However, anyone other than me can challenge problem improvement.

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #110
aoTuV beta5.5 with libVorbis 1.2.1 RC1 released 
uri: http://www.geocities.jp/aoyoume/aotuv/test.html
<name>madoka</name>
<uri>http://codecs.ex-sounds.net/</uri>

• lex_nasa
  • [*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #111
aoTuV beta5.5 with libVorbis 1.2.1 RC1 released 
uri: http://www.geocities.jp/aoyoume/aotuv/test.html

Can anyone help out with the correct Foobar converter parameters for the windows binary?  I've tried a number of different combinations with no success (my existing oggenc parameters don't work).
Correction, worked it out (can't get pipes to work though):
-q7 %s %d
  • Last Edit: 07 July, 2008, 05:19:33 AM by lex_nasa

• Aoyumi
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #112
Can anyone help out with the correct Foobar converter parameters for the windows binary?  I've tried a number of different combinations with no success (my existing oggenc parameters don't work).
-q7 %s %d

Please try the following custom parameters.
-q7 - %d

Look at a manual bundled with the reference binary of "aoTuV beta 5.5" about "venc.exe".

• lex_nasa
  • [*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #113

-q7 %s %d

Please try the following custom parameters.
-q7 - %d

Look at a manual bundled with the reference binary of "aoTuV beta 5.5" about "venc.exe".

Yes I did try that first and it didn't work.  I'm using Foobar2000 v0.9.5.4 beta 3:

Source: "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\shirk_itchytime_sample.mp3"
  An error occured while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1; please re-check parameters) : "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\00 - shirk_itchytime_sample.ogg"
Additional information:
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 32bps
Command line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000 new\venc.exe" -q7 - "00 - shirk_itchytime_sample.ogg"
Working folder: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1; please re-check parameters

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

• Aoyumi
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #114
Yes I did try that first and it didn't work.  I'm using Foobar2000 v0.9.5.4 beta 3:

Source: "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\shirk_itchytime_sample.mp3"
  An error occured while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1; please re-check parameters) : "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\00 - shirk_itchytime_sample.ogg"
Additional information:
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 32bps
Command line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000 new\venc.exe" -q7 - "00 - shirk_itchytime_sample.ogg"

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1; please re-check parameters

There must be the bit depth in 16bit. Your setting becomes 32bit.

• lex_nasa
  • [*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #115
Yes, I tried that:

Source: "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\14 - Piva di Bedonia e di Scurano.m4a"
  An error occured while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 0; please re-check parameters) : "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\14 - Piva di Bedonia e di Scurano.ogg"
Additional information:
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
Command line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000 new\venc.exe" -q5 - "14 - Piva di Bedonia e di Scurano.ogg"

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 0; please re-check parameters

Anyway Aoyumi, it is not a big problem, the new encoder works very well, and John33 or someone else can compile your source code.  Thank you for all your excellent work!

• Aoyumi
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #116
Yes, I tried that:

Source: "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\14 - Piva di Bedonia e di Scurano.m4a"
  An error occured while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 0; please re-check parameters) : "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\14 - Piva di Bedonia e di Scurano.ogg"
Additional information:
Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
Command line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000 new\venc.exe" -q5 - "14 - Piva di Bedonia e di Scurano.ogg"

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 0; please re-check parameters

Anyway Aoyumi, it is not a big problem, the new encoder works very well, and John33 or someone else can compile your source code.  Thank you for all your excellent work!

I discovered a small mistake in a pipe input processing part. And it is fixed now.
Please try a new version.

• lex_nasa
  • [*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #117
Aoyumi... I have tested it and it works perfectly now... thank you!

• JasonQ
  • [*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #118
Hey, thanks for continuing to work on Vorbis.

Does anyone know if there is any chance of the "Lancer" guys compiling a new version using the latest AOTUV release?

- Jason

• LigH
  • [*][*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #119
And don't forget RareWares... When it is there, it is released.

• lex_nasa
  • [*][*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #120
Does anyone know if there is any chance of the "Lancer" guys compiling a new version using the latest AOTUV release?

I emailed them in English a month or so ago, but no reply... they probably didn't know who I was or what I was saying!

• JasonQ
  • [*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #121

I emailed them in English a month or so ago, but no reply... they probably didn't know who I was or what I was saying!

Ha!! Well maybe someone on this forum who speaks Japanese can give it a shot.  In my humble opinion (and this probably goes against one of the forum rules) the combination of AOTUV quality and Lancer speed is the best lossy compression codec on the planet.

- Jason
  • Last Edit: 15 July, 2008, 01:03:03 AM by JasonQ

• john33
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #122
Considering the amount of work involved in the Lancer builds, I imagine Blacksword is waiting for libvorbis 1.2.1 to be fully released before doing anything, as am I.
John
----------------------------------------------------------------
My compiles and utilities are at http://www.rarewares.org/

• JasonQ
  • [*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #123
Considering the amount of work involved in the Lancer builds, I imagine Blacksword is waiting for libvorbis 1.2.1 to be fully released before doing anything, as am I.

"Considering the amount of work involved in the Lancer builds, I imagine Blacksword is waiting for libvorbis 1.2.1 to be fully released before doing anything, as am I."

Well if that is the case I guess I'll just have to wait.  You are another one here who does great work -- thank you.

- Jason

• GrooveEcho
  • [*]
.Ogg Vorbis aotuv
Reply #124
Is there a version of the aoTuV beta5.5 encoder that works with Windows 98SE?