Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Keeping album art when transcoding from FLAC (Read 4367 times) previous topic - next topic

Keeping album art when transcoding from FLAC

Hello,

I just started using foobar on a daily basis. Great program  When I transcode to any lossy format from FLAC, the tags get copied over
except for the album art. Is there a setting to embed the album art when transcoding? The lossy codec I use most of the time is Nero AAC
and sometimes with LAME for MP3. I searched, but did not find a thing.  TIA

Reply #1
I haven't found a way to do this yet either. I have the album art embedded in the FLAC files. I finally switched to Dbpoweramp because I could rip to flac (secure) and then encode to mp3 (lame) in a way that saves tags AND album art.

Reply #2
I haven't found a way to do this yet either. I have the album art embedded in the FLAC files. I finally switched to Dbpoweramp because I could rip to flac (secure) and then encode to mp3 (lame) in a way that saves tags AND album art.

+1

Reply #3
I generally like succinct answers, but please expand on "+1" as a solution...thanks.

+1

Reply #4
I generally like succinct answers, but please expand on "+1" as a solution...thanks.

I don't think that '+1' was a solution. I think what he/she means to say that he/she too is experiencing the same problem!

Reply #5
As far as I know there currently is no way to transfer embedded album art when converting, no matter what the source and target format is. Only textual tags are copied.

As for "+1", I think it simply means "Now my post count is one higher."

Reply #6
Ok, Thank You for the replies.