Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem compiling vorbis-tools on OSX, help! (Read 2427 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem compiling vorbis-tools on OSX, help!

Hi,

I'm trying to compile ogg vorbis on OS X, and the ao, ogg, and vorbis components compile fine via ./configure make make install. However, I run into a problem when trying to compile the vorbis tools, this is a screen dump of the problem-

gcc -fno-common -O4 -Wall -fsigned-char -ffast-math -o oggenc oggenc.o audio.o encode.o platform.o  -L/usr/local/lib -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -lm -logg ../share/libutf8.a ../share/libgetopt.a
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _getopt
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(getopt.o) definition of _getopt
../share/libgetopt.a(getopt.o) definition of _getopt in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _optarg
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(getopt.o) definition of _optarg
../share/libgetopt.a(getopt.o) definition of _optarg in section (__DATA,__common)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _opterr
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(getopt.o) definition of _opterr
../share/libgetopt.a(getopt.o) definition of _opterr in section (__DATA,__data)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _optind
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(getopt.o) definition of _optind
../share/libgetopt.a(getopt.o) definition of _optind in section (__DATA,__data)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _optopt
/usr/lib/libm.dylib(getopt.o) definition of _optopt
../share/libgetopt.a(getopt.o) definition of _optopt in section (__DATA,__data)
make[2]: *** [oggenc] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

yes, I know that the system and the getopt part are both trying to define the same thing, which they can't do. Any help on this would be appreciated.