Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search for same (Read 2614 times) previous topic - next topic

Search for same

Made with Autohotkey, so this isn't a plugin but a hack as defined by Frank Bicking here
not recommended from moderation team

Function:
store queries and one click display results in album list

require:
foobar2000 0.95 (default ui only)
foo_run

set up:
copy search fo same.exe in foobar2000 folder
create  items , exemple:

label: Search for same Genre
path: C:\Program Files\foobar2000\search for same.exe "genre IS %genre%"
same artist
"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\search for same.exe" "artist HAS $stripprefix(%artist%,The,Les,La)"
clear search
"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\search for same.exe"

"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\search for same.ahk" "date IS %date%"

download
Music is my first love.

Search for same

Reply #1
Indeed a very nice idea to use context menu of a given track to transfer a query to album list filter line - but there are also good reasons not to recommend such hacks. Maybe Peter or Frank Bicking could consider to add that as native feature to their plugins. However, there is also the opportunity to make a detour from database searchs "search for same" to "album list - custom view".

Search for same

Reply #2
database searchs "search for same" to "album list - custom view" not work in the same way.
other possibility is use quick search but results is displayed in playlist...

Also if a lot of people request this feature,  maybe Peter or Frank Bicking could consider to add that as native feature to their plugins: but i can wait and i do myself search for same... (i can't make a plugin , i don't know c++)
Music is my first love.