Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: PsyTELDrop (Read 5360 times) previous topic - next topic

PsyTELDrop

Yep - you guessed it...  I already sent it to Roberto so you may be able to get it at the usual place in a while, or just e-mail me.

PsyTELDrop

Reply #1
In audio trading, quite a lot of people use "Shorten" (lossless) compression. Is there any chance you would consider obliging 'em?    More information can be found here: http://etree.org/shncom.html

Is there a way you could create a universal frontend for audio compression codecs, or would that be more trouble than it's worth? I realize each codec may use a different method to report duration/remaining time to encode, but how much of this could be configured from a "Preferences" dialog?

Just curious. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    - M.

PsyTELDrop

Reply #2
Sure, I think I can whip something out for Shorten. Actually, I've been thinking a LOT about doing a universal encoder idiot-proof GUI frontend too.

PsyTELDrop

Reply #3
The file is already there.

(God, I can't look at that page anymore. I should design a new look ASAP, but I'm sooooo lazy...)

Anyway, regards 

Roberto.

PsyTELDrop

Reply #4
BTW, you can use PsyTELDrop with fastenc too... 

PsyTELDrop

Reply #5
Already updated. Thanks for the info.

PsyTELDrop

Reply #6
Hi again. Thanks for your willingness to add Shorten to the list of encoders needing a frontend, layer3maniac (and if you could finish a general-purpose universal frontend, that would be most welcome)! I've checked the usual place - Roberto's - a few times since making the original request... are these still in progress?

After I checked a few of the other -Drop encoders you've written, I did have one nagging question: would it be possible to write these frontends such that they could be "skinnable"? Not criticizing your design... it's just that I'm not exactly a "Southpark" fan. 

Sincerely,
    - M.

PsyTELDrop

Reply #7
Hi again. Thanks for your willingness to add Shorten to the list of encoders needing a frontend, layer3maniac (and if you could finish a general-purpose universal frontend, that would be most welcome)!
Yeah, I got a bit sidetracked on ShortenDrop. It's almost done though. Should be available by tomorrow. The Universal Frontend is about a month away. I have some specific features I want to implement.
After I checked a few of the other -Drop encoders you've written, I did have one nagging question: would it be possible to write these frontends such that they could be "skinnable"? Not criticizing your design... it's just that I'm not exactly a "Southpark" fan.   
HEY :mad:  Just kidding. They are already set up to allow you to change the picture which is displayed. Just use:

Options/Select New Image...

PsyTELDrop

Reply #8
Oops... silly me! Guess I should have played around a bit more with those options before I mentioned it.  :insane:

Thanks again - ShortenDrop will be *much* appreciated!

Sincerely,
    - M.