Skip to main content
Topic: Could not update tags (How to disable this info?) (Read 9251 times) previous topic - next topic

Could not update tags (How to disable this info?)

Sometimes this window pop-ups:

Is there a way to disable this notification?

I found the problem, it was the ''Play Mod Count'' trying to write inside the zip archive but still i want to know a way to disable this pop-up.

Reply #1
hello

that's an old thread but it wasn't easy to me to find a solution so i suppose this can be useful for someone else

so,
it's a problem with rights on files or a missing file or a stream  while foobar attempt to tag the 'played file'

for me it was a problem with foo_playcount.dll an addon that comes with the fooAvA skin

anyway,

to stop that annoying message without removing some of your count/stat plugin

in foobar2000    go to    :    Preferences > Advanced > Playback > Show error messages popups.
and disable the box ...

that's it !

Reply #2
is there any way to disable the tagging of files in foobar? i dont wont it to change my mp3-files...

what components should i remove or modify in some way?

Reply #3
By default, foobar2000 will only write tags to files if you tell it to.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #4
what components should i remove or modify in some way?

As shakey_snake told: foobar2000 itself does not modify files without user action (like applying changes in file properties dialog). But there are many optional 3rd party components which update tags. I know of foo_playback_custom.dll and foo_uie_lyrics, which is listed as a problematic component as it "silently updates tags with lyrics downloaded from the internet with the defaults settings.".

Reply #5

yeah i know, but i downloaded already made configs and dont know where to look in the code to remove tag-updating behavoirs!

Reply #6
Since you do not seem to know much about foobar and would like others to guess which components you have, may I suggest you may best be served asking this question to whoever developed your config.

terry

Reply #7

yeah i know, but i downloaded already made configs and dont know where to look in the code to remove tag-updating behavoirs!
Then I'd suggest that you 'd probably be best served by using the Default UI...

But we can help you if you'd like.
In the preferences you can copy the names of your components. and paste them here.

For all it's flaws, even PanelsUI didn't allow tagging editing withour direct user interaction [e.g. $button()].
So this behavior has nothing to do with "the code".
elevatorladylevitateme

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019