Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Display output bit depth and rate? (Read 1522 times) previous topic - next topic

Display output bit depth and rate?

Hi All,

I've searched but not found an answer to my question.

My USB DAC does not show the incoming bit depth or rate.

As I play around with configuring foobar for PCM, DSD, etc. I often wonder what effect a checkbox or selected option is having (if any) on the output.

Is there a way to reliably display the format (bit depth and bit rate) of foobar's _output_ bitstream??

TIA.

Re: Display output bit depth and rate?

Reply #1
I've wondered the same thing.  Seems like a perfect thing to have as another title formatting variable and display on the DSP pane, etc.

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply.

There hasn't been a flood of responses, so I'm gonna guess this isn't possible...   :(

Reply #3
Yeah, I kind of wanted to know the same thing in order to be able to place it in the formatting of the status bar.  I don't see anything in the Title Formatting Reference however.  I would therefore change the subject/title into a request to add this as an option available for adding to the title/status bar.