Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where to get AAC player for pocketPC (Read 4328 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to get AAC player for pocketPC

hi i have an Ipaq with the microsoft pocketPC.

is there anyway i can make media player play AAC files. ?
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #1
Have you tried Nic's AAC directshow?
http://www.freewebz.com/nixstuff/

(Although I don't know if, somehow, media player architecture is different for PocketPC)

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #2
I'll try that put i think the architectureof PocketPC media player is WAY different then Windows MediaPlayer
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #3
how fast is the ipaq?

i am jut wondering because aac tends to use a lot of resources

Reply #4
206Mhz ARM processor, and all PPC2002 handhelds use the same processor.  Figure ~12-16MB of free ram (assuming 32MB RAM).

Source: http://www5.compaq.com/products/quickspecs...a/10632_na.HTML
Kimberly aka
Baroness Sylvia von Zurich (the only Goldwater Conservative) endorses the Meadow Party's Bill and Opus for the 2004 Presidential election!  A sometimes dead cat and an overweight penguin who looks like a puffin couldn't possibly do any worse than a Shrub.

Reply #5
206Mhz ARM processor, and all PPC2002 handhelds use the same processor. Figure ~12-16MB of free ram (assuming 32MB RAM).

these are the shop's spec on the device
266 MHz Intel® StrongARM SA-1110 processor
64 MB RAM
16 MB ROM

should be fast enough
otherwise I'll OC the darn thing
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #6
i guess it also depends what sort of aac you are trying to play....

i think the different profiles require different cpu powers

Reply #7
I know about two possibble solutions:

PocketMusic Player with AAC Plugin, shareware here.

or get TCPMP with the aac plugin (you need aac plugin version 0.6, in later versions aac support was removed due to some license issues. With help of Google you can still find it on the net