Skip to main content
Topic: MediaCoder Audio Edtion 0.6.1 released (Read 8787 times) previous topic - next topic

MediaCoder Audio Edtion 0.6.1 released

MediaCoder Audio Edition is based on MediaCoder, the famous media transcoder (for both audio & video). It nicely integrates many codecs and tools into an all-in-one software. It decodes almost all popular formats of audio files as well as audio stream in video files and encodes them with all its supported (and even some not claimed supported) audio encoders. All the codecs are included in the standalone software. With CUE Sheet and DVD/VCD/CD support and many additional features, audio enthusiasts can convert all their favorite music freely to any format on-the-fly and in batch.
MediaCoder Audio Edition is now back to HA (MediaCoder's development started from a post on HA 2 years ago) and to provide all the audio fans on this board a useful free tool for audio transcoding.

Features
  • Converts almost all kinds of audio formats
  • Converts audio track in video files
  • Converts audio track of DVD/VCD/CD
  • Converts nework streaming audio
  • Batch and on-the-fly audio transcoding
  • Supports CUE Sheet and M3U playlist
  • 64-bit (x64) version available
Audio encoders included:
  • LAME MP3 3.98b6 (x64 build available)

• OggEnc v2.84 (aoTuVr1) / 2.83 (Lancer SSE2)

• Nero AAC Encoder 1.1.34.2

• FAAC 1.26.1

• Enhanced 3GGP AAC+ Encoder (x64 build available)

• Helix MP3 Encoder v5.1

• MusePack Encoder 1.16

• Speex Encoder 1.2beta1

• FFmpeg SVN-trunk

• WavPack Encoder 4.41.0 (x64 build available)

• FLAC Encoder/Decoder 1.2.0 (x64 build available)

• Monkey's Audio Codec 4.0 (x64 build available)

• TTA Encoder 3.4.1

• OptimFrog Encoder v4.6

• MPEG-4 Lossless Encoder
Audio encoders supported but not included:
  • CT AAC+ Encoder (shipped with Winamp)
  • Windows Media Audio
  • Fraunhofer IIS MP3 Encoder
  • AMR NB/WB Encoder
Download MediaCoder Audio Edition

Reply #2
Just curious. Do you have a license to distribute Nero AAC Encoder?

Reply #3
Or the Winamp plugins? And why are there no licenses included for the open-source programs?

Reply #4
First MediaCoder is totally free and I don't charge anything from the distribution.
All the included Winamp plugins are open-source or free implementations. No plugins from Winamp distribution is included.
I think many software discussed on this forum ships with Nero encoder.

I'm curious. Any explanation of this news not being validated?

Reply #5
First MediaCoder is totally free and I don't charge anything from the distribution.

That does not matter.

All the included Winamp plugins are open-source or free implementations. No plugins from Winamp distribution is included.

Open-source software still comes with a license, and while that license gives you a lot of freedom, it also demands (among other things) that when you give the software to someone else that you include the license so that the recipient also knows what rights they have in relation to the software. Note that this is just a rough summary, the exact details depend on the specific license.

I think many software discussed on this forum ships with Nero encoder.

I don't think so. Even if someone else breaks the license by distributing the Nero AAC encoder (without permission from Nero), that does not mean that it is right for you to do the same.

Reply #6
So, what do you advise me to do next?
Remove all the 3rd party codecs from the distribution and make the software less convenient and useful than foobar?

Reply #7
How about just removing the stuff you can't legally distribute and then just include the license where required?

Reply #9
Also like to point out MediaCoder is actually adware not freeware it has a RSS component that retrieves (among other things) ads: "Signup for HostMaster" and upon looking at it again I see a "Products/Serivces" tab too.

Sucky, sucky.

Reply #10
I would like to know whether you plan on fixing the "Disk not found" error that comes up Windows Vista and whether you plan on complying with the licenses of the components you incorporate.

Reply #11
I think this is a wonderful program! I've been using it off and on for many years (ok, maybe not the Audio Edition) and I totally love it. Thanks!!
//From the barren lands of the Northsmen

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018