Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: uie_trackinfo doent show infos on some mp3 files? (Read 4024 times) previous topic - next topic

uie_trackinfo doent show infos on some mp3 files?

hello,
i'm using the uie_trackinfo_mod 0.8.0 beta to show me some information about the currently playing title.
i also want to show the full path of the file which is playing, but i dont get this to work.
on some mp3 files it shoes the path, on some not.
on some mp3 files the display just stops after "Datei:"
on some mp3 files the display just stops after "Pfad:"

?! where is the catch? i maybe have some syntax error in my code, but didnt find it.

also i'm using Columns UI 0.2 but this should not harm, or?

Code: [Select]
$if(%_trackinfo_notrack%,spült nüx,
'Artist: '%artist%$char(10)
'Title: '%title%$char(10)
'Album: '%album%$char(10)
'length: '%_length%$char(10)
$char(10)
'Codec: '%codec%', '$caps(%__MP3_STEREO_MODE%)' ('%__channels%' Channels)'$char(10)
'Bitrate: '%bitrate%' ('%codec_profile%'), Encoding: '$caps(%__encoding%)$char(10)
'Samplerate: '%samplerate%'Hz '$caps(%channels%)' (Samples: '%length_samples%')'$char(10)
$char(10)
'Lastmodified: '%lastmodified%$char(10)
'Filesize: '%filesize%' Bytes'$char(10)
$char(10)
'Datei: '%filename_ext%$char(10)
'Dir: \'%directoryname%'\'$char(10)
'Pfad: '%path%$char(10)
'Pfad_raw: '%path_raw%$char(10)
'XPfad: '%_path%$char(10)
)

i've read this, but did not get a clue...
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=44595
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti..._trackinfo_mod)

i'm out of ideas right now, anyone a hint?

cheers,

Reply #1
trackinfo_mod was merged into panelsui a long time ago, try moving foo_uie_trackinfo_mod.dll out of your components directory and adding foo_ui_panels.dll to see if the newer codebase solves your problem. If it doesn't, can you take a few songs that do display properly and a few songs that do not display properly then test each of your variables individually with those songs?

Reply #2
trackinfo_mod was merged into panelsui a long time ago, try moving foo_uie_trackinfo_mod.dll out of your components directory and adding foo_ui_panels.dll to see if the newer codebase solves your problem. If it doesn't, can you take a few songs that do display properly and a few songs that do not display properly then test each of your variables individually with those songs?

thanks for the hint. i removed foo_uie_trackinfo_mod and tried foo_ui_panels instead, but now the tags are not updated anymore. i set "mode" to "follow cursor" but the display only shows the songinfos of the song, which foobar is started with. it did changed the code to just display the songname, but that did not help. i'm watching this now for a few days and did not find a solution. so i rather use the old and outdated foo_uie_trackinfo_mod.dll, which shows some infos sometime :-)
the next days i try you other hint with checking some mp3files. thank you.

Reply #3
One additional requirement with the later versions of PanelsUI is that the trackinfo does not automatically refresh. You have to add headers such as:
// Background
// PerSecond
// PerTrack

So in your example code you might want to add this line to the very top:
// PerTrack

Reply #4
One additional requirement with the later versions of PanelsUI is that the trackinfo does not automatically refresh. You have to add headers such as:
// Background
// PerSecond
// PerTrack

So in your example code you might want to add this line to the very top:
// PerTrack

ok, thank you. it worked that way :-)

i now, with your help, found some documentation about it:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ferences_window (for the mentioned Redraw Types)

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti.../User%27s_Guide (User's Guide)

i also looked here http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...els%29/Commands (Components 0.9/Panels UI (foo ui panels)/Commands)

but, may i kindly ask another question, i did not find a way to just change the background color of the panel. the background now displays in black with white text (done with $rgb(255,255,255)) because $textcolor(255,255,255) seems not to work. but i'd like to have the panels background to white.

but thank you again.

Reply #5
Use
// Background
$drawrect(0,0,%_width%,%_height%,brushcolor-255-255-255 pencolor-null)

Reply #6
Use
// Background

thank you, but it does not work, because it draws a rectangel over my text and so, i cannot see any text.
i experimented with ALPHA, or the colorsettings, but it all didnt help.

i found a help here.
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...-g-b_options.29

this seems all to me very complex and unclear. just vor changing a background color.

Reply #7
I use it exact (with another background color) in this way for my trackinfo panels and it works as desired. Did you put the $drawrect() in the Background section? You should have something like this in your config:
// Background

// PerTrack
$if(%_trackinfo_notrack%,spült nüx,
'Artist: '%artist%$char(10)
'Title: '%title%$char(10)
'Album: '%album%$char(10)
'length: '%_length%$char(10)
$char(10)
'Codec: '%codec%', '$caps(%__MP3_STEREO_MODE%)' ('%__channels%' Channels)'$char(10)
'Bitrate: '%bitrate%' ('%codec_profile%'), Encoding: '$caps(%__encoding%)$char(10)
'Samplerate: '%samplerate%'Hz '$caps(%channels%)' (Samples: '%length_samples%')'$char(10)
$char(10)
'Lastmodified: '%lastmodified%$char(10)
'Filesize: '%filesize%' Bytes'$char(10)
$char(10)
'Datei: '%filename_ext%$char(10)
'Dir: \'%directoryname%'\'$char(10)
'Pfad: '%path%$char(10)
'Pfad_raw: '%path_raw%$char(10)
'XPfad: '%_path%$char(10)
)

Reply #8
I use it exact (with another background color) in this way for my trackinfo panels and it works as desired. Did you put the $drawrect() in the Background section?

aahh. thank you very much. i only had that // PerTrack included, because i was thinking: foobar should only show changes if i'm scrolling/browsing through the songs/files.

now, i see that // Background is not depended to that, what i wanted to do, but works as something like a background task.

great. i was close to give up :-) fine. now i'm back in. just another step.

:-)
thanks again,