Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DTS-HD audio to flac with foo_input_dtshd-0.1.3, says im encoding loss (Read 2918 times) previous topic - next topic

DTS-HD audio to flac with foo_input_dtshd-0.1.3, says im encoding loss

Hello all, this is my first post.

I'm a big fan of foobar especially for its conversion aspects, especially for ALAC to FLAC or LAME or DTS-HD to Flac with its many plugins.

I'm trying to convert an DTS-HD track to Flac that I ripped out with Blu-ray Stream extractor.

I've put foo_input_dtshd-0.1.3.dll into the components folder.

I've selected to convert it to a Flac file with a compression level of 5.

A window pops up with an X saying "You're about to convert a lossy file to a lossless hybrid." and says something about size increasing will no increase in quality.

I know in a DTS-HD track, there is a Core DTS file and the lossless one.  Is this message because foobar is only reading the lossy core or is it more like a false positive for this rather new plugin?

When I go to my components it shows the DTS-HD.dll.

Reply #1
What is the extension of the ripped file? .dts or .dtshd?

Reply #2
.Dtshd is the extension