Skip to main content
Topic: 0.9.5 (b3) - CD Ripping failing here (Read 2584 times) previous topic - next topic

0.9.5 (b3) - CD Ripping failing here

I am trying to rip a cd with foobar, but everytime I try to do so, I get the following error:

Error writing to file (The pipe is being closed.  ) : file://C:\Documents and Settings\Thomas\Desktop\01 - Dirty Needs.mp3

Console shows:

Facet initialized in : 0:00.058
Facet initialized in : 0:00.052
Autoplaylists initialized in: 0:00.013710
Startup time : 0:02.524459
cddb request via http: http://freedb.freedb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi?cm...2.1&proto=6
cddb response: 202 No match for disc ID 970aef0b.
"C:\Program Files\foobar2000-0.9\lame.exe" -S --noreplaygain -V 2 --vbr-new - "01 - Dirty Needs.mp3"
directory: C:\Documents and Settings\hidden\Desktop\
CLI encoder: lame.exe
Destination file: C:\Documents and Settings\Thomas\Desktop\01 - Dirty Needs.mp3
"C:\Program Files\foobar2000-0.9\lame.exe" -S --noreplaygain -V 2 --vbr-new - "01 - Dirty Needs.mp3"
directory: C:\Documents and Settings\hidden\Desktop\

CD-ROM is some old IDE Drive, Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-105, Mainboard Asus P5B.
Security settings for the drive don't matter.
Anybody have any ideas ?

edit:

Ok, I ripped the CD with EAC to wav, and tried to do the conversion with foobar. Same error, so that seems to be where it is coming from.

edit2:
Ok, I updated to the newest lame.exe and corresponding dll, and it now works. Was lame.exe distributed with foobar ? I can't really remember, if not then this was my fault and you can consider this solved

Reply #1
Was lame.exe distributed with foobar ?
We've never included any of the commandline encoder executables with foobar2000 setups. I'm surprised that multiple people report similar trouble with 0.9.5 converter - even if it's apparent user error, it's something that clearly didn't happen before, it needs further looking into on our end.

Reply #3
How old is this lame 

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020