Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I get del.icio.us style tags in foobar with playlist tree (Read 1513 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I get del.icio.us style tags in foobar with playlist tree

Hello

I would like to request for some help with a playlist stream query, so I'll get right into the question.

I have music files which contain a content group tag which has a bunch of tags separated by spaces (a la del.icio.us). Examples from three random songs
Code: [Select]
WuTang Gangster Flashy Club Hit Smooth Fav
Trance Rave Hit Club Vocal
                                        <- this one indicates some songs with missing content group tag
Smooth Love Slow Guitar Fav

I would like to create a playlist tree query that will show up like this
Code: [Select]
Grouping
---Club (2)
      ---Ghostface Killah - Chez Chez La Ghost         <- artist - title of song
      ---Styles And Breeze - You're Shining (Rezonance Q Mix)
---Fav (2)
      ---Ghostface Killah - Chez Chez La Ghost
      ---Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You
---Hit (2)
---Smooth (2)
      ---Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You
---Flashy (1)
---Gangster (1)
---Rave (1)
---Vocal (1)
etc...
So basically
Query
---tag (#of items that contain that tag, sorted descending by this number)
      ---%artist% - %title%

Items with missing content group tag should not show up.

I hope I didn't make any mistakes there

I'm thinking this should be simple with scheme. I tried using some of example queries from playlist tree site with substr and split to rig this up but ended up with various results but not what i want.

Closest I have gotten to this is with the Library Filter in panelsUI using $replace(%content group,' ',|) as the notes and it works but does not display the could and does not work as well as playlist tree (send to playlist on selection, and other features)

If any body could help me out please. I can describe this with some screen shots if you want.
Thanks in advance