Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9 (Read 276507 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #350

Observations about the beta:
1.  Please add a way to increase the font size of the Metadata dialog as the text is nearly too tiny to read.

Click on the top left icon of the properties window's title bar. There's a menu called 'Font'.  I suggested to move this to the fonts page in the preferences for consistency and usability reasons, but I got no feedback...

Wow.  Thanks fooruncle! 

I NEVER would have thought of clicking on that little icon in a million years! 

I'm with you, it should be in the fonts page in preferences where it belongs because, well, it's a font setting!

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #351
since the new 0.9.5 betas, the option to hide keyboard shortcuts in the menus, seems to be gone.
used to be under preferences/display.
fire walk with me.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #352
I don't know whether this is a regression, since I haven't tried this with previous versions (or whether it is a bug at all).  With version 0.9.5 beta 8, when I try to remove metadata associated with audio CD tracks using the "Remove tags from files(s)" command in the context menu, I get errors like Could not remove tags (Invalid path) from:
"cdda://01397A2E,01"
.  The audio CD is still in the drive (and playable).

Are other people having this problem?  Is this menu item not intended to work with audio CDs at all?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #353
I'm using group headers for my playlist. They show Artist, Date, Album and Codec. Is it possible that if I have an album with various artists that the header says Various Artists rather than splitting the album up into several groups?

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #354
Set the "Album Artist" tag of such albums to "Various Artists".

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #355
You can select a track in each playlist, when you switch playlists and do "shift click" (to select a couple of items from and including the already selected track), It acts weird, like it is still remembering the previously selected track in the other playlist.

Still the same in b8, this can be easiest tested right after startup.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #356
this is great.

but i have one little request: it would be nice if i could hide the column headers in the playlist.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #357
When tracks change within an album (track files in an album specific folder and cover art as 'folder.jpg') there is a 'flash' in album art viewer as it seems to reload the image for the new track.
I don't remember this behaviour before....?

Mark

Fixed in beta 8--  Thanks!

Mark

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #358
Actually, That still happens here with beta8. Not that it matters, though.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #359
I use foobar2000 with foo_playlist_tree.dll component.
With playlist_tree I create random queries by using $rand() function in "Population Order" field.
When I use command "Refresh Queries" I get new random list of songs.
Last working version  for creating this queries is 0.95 beta6.
Now command "Refresh Queries" not work in 0.95 beta7 and 0.95 beta8.

For queries without  using $rand() function command "Refresh Queries" work normal in last beta.

I use last version of foo_playlist_tree.dll.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #360
I use foobar2000 with foo_playlist_tree.dll component.
With playlist_tree I create random queries by using $rand() function in "Population Order" field.
When I use command "Refresh Queries" I get new random list of songs.
Last working version  for creating this queries is 0.95 beta6.
Now command "Refresh Queries" not work in 0.95 beta7 and 0.95 beta8.

For queries without  using $rand() function command "Refresh Queries" work normal in last beta.

I use last version of foo_playlist_tree.dll.

Yeah, the $rand() function apparently got removed in Beta 7. There's a short discussion of this at: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=59707

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #361
FB2K 0.9.5 has some great features - seems like a huge jump forward from 0.9.4.*, which was already a really good base.

There is, as is traditional, just one little thing that bugs me  - in 0.9.4.*, the progress slider in the toolbar can get input focus. This means that I can scan through a series of tracks using just the cursor keys and Return, since left/right will jump the play position forwards and backwards. I use this an enormous amount to check for glitches in CD rips and it saves a lot of time. In 0.9.5 beta 8, I have to wave the mouse around trying to jump through the track by clicking along the progress bar.

Any chance of getting left/right to skip forwards and backwards through the track, probably by some percentage of total track length? Then 0.9.5 would be my new best friend

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #362
FB2K 0.9.5 has some great features - seems like a huge jump forward from 0.9.4.*, which was already a really good base.

There is, as is traditional, just one little thing that bugs me  - in 0.9.4.*, the progress slider in the toolbar can get input focus. This means that I can scan through a series of tracks using just the cursor keys and Return, since left/right will jump the play position forwards and backwards. I use this an enormous amount to check for glitches in CD rips and it saves a lot of time. In 0.9.5 beta 8, I have to wave the mouse around trying to jump through the track by clicking along the progress bar.

Any chance of getting left/right to skip forwards and backwards through the track, probably by some percentage of total track length? Then 0.9.5 would be my new best friend

Preferences -> General -> Keyboard Shortcuts
'Seek back by XY seconds' and 'Seek ahead by XY seconds' for left and right key?
Where XY may be 1 second, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #363
I'm talking to myself now...

Finding that "Ctrl+A" didn't work either, I had a look around the preferences and realised that a bunch of the keyboard shortcuts I'd previously taken for granted weren't defined. Using those, it's possible to set up all kinds of seek actions with the left/right keys. Could be neat to have a percentage-based seek option there too, but there's certainly no regression in functionality with the previous release as it stands.

So, new best friend it is, then!

(Post script - spotted bimbel's reply once I submitted the above - yes, that's the trick, many thanks).

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #364
Can you please make the Preferences window open center screen instead of the top left corner. Thanks!
God Bless U.S.A

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #365
i noticed that in the beta 8 the Album Art is no longer blinking[probably loading] when i select other tracks from the same playlist, thanks:D

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #366
Is Random (in the playback order listbox) working properly in beta 8?  It's now behaving the same as Default for me. In prior versions, if I set Random and hit the key I have associated with Next track, it would go to a random track. Now it goes to the next track in the playlist.  Shuffle (tracks) seems to be functioning properly.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to use $rand()

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #367
Is Random (in the playback order listbox) working properly in beta 8?  It's now behaving the same as Default for me. In prior versions, if I set Random and hit the key I have associated with Next track, it would go to a random track. Now it goes to the next track in the playlist.  Shuffle (tracks) seems to be functioning properly.

Doesn' t work for me either.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #368
foobar2000 FAQ

Bind the "Random-button" instead.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #369
foobar2000 FAQ

Bind the "Random-button" instead.

Why does the behavior described in the FAQ make any sense?  Isn't the idea of Random order that the order is random and that the next track will be played at random?  In other modes, the Next command goes to the next track indicated by the Order listbox.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #370
A couple of remarks/questions:

- It appears that tracks are added to playlists unsorted (using Send to Playlist from the Album List). Only autoplaylists use the sorting string in Preferences > General > Sort incoming files by...

- When using Shuffle Albums, albums by Various Artists will play only one track and then jump to another album (or do I need to fill in Album Artist for this to work correctly?). It would be nice if Shuffle Albums would play tracks according to the way the playlist is grouped.

- Is it possible to create a 'tab' or a different alignment in the Grouping string? I'd like to have a divider like this:
Artist - Album (Date) [aligned left] --------- Codec / Bitrate [aligned right]

- Is it possible to exclude articles and other small words (a, the, and, on, in, from, etc.) from the Capitalize option? A configurable option in Preferences would be great for this function.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #371
Concerning random order & next track action I'd like to request revival of action "Next/Random Track (Based on playback order)".
Sharing delusions since 1991.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #372
I think it has been requested already but I would like to add my voice to request a more customizable grouping headers in playlist view, and in other places in general (metadata properties).
Is it impossible to show text in a given panel with 2 different font faces with current architecture? If showing more than one font face at the same time it would be nice at least being able to customize background color, format (bold, cursive, ALL CAPS) and point size.
Also the grouping headers background does not change colour when you click on them and stay selected, they only get framed around. A different background color state for the headers when selected and frame the whole playlist instead of just the header would be much more visually clear to represent the whole playlist or group as being selected.

This is a little graphical mockup of what I'm talking about:

compared to how it looks in reality:

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #373
Autoplaylist item create with album list (with always sorted) are sort using "sort incoming files by" but doesn't remember it. am i correct?

If it is, it's a shame  cause you cannot create multiple Autoplaylists with different auto sort string.

foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 9

Reply #374
Converter + DSP bug!?

When I use the converter to create mp3 or m4a the cmdline-program (lame.exe, neroaacenc.exe) gets high cpu priority if the DSP-processing is enabled and SSRC or SRC resampler ist used. This nearly stops your PC.
If PPHS is used instead the priority of lame.exe is correct (lower than normal).
Bug or feature?  (I'm using beta 8 + XP, but seems to exist also in older versions.)