Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component (Read 204080 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics component

Reply #225
Would it be possible to add the ability for playcount to save its db every few minutes or so, rather than just on exit? If foobar isn't explicitly closed then any gathered statistics are lost - quite annoying!

Reply #226
Jesus saves.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #227
I've somehow run to problem using the playback statistics data: I found that I have tracks where:
- %first_played% and %last_played% aren't empty and %play_count% is 0 (empty), or
- %first_played% and %last_played% have different values and %play_count% is 1

This could only happened in this case I think:
- write statistics to file tags
- lose somehow playcount (probably my mistake)
- move files in another place
- import statistics

I would like to suggest that when the component is importing playback statistics from file tags it should apply some simple error corrections:
- if %play_count% is empty - don't import %first_played% and %last_played%
- if %play_count% is 1 - %first_played% and %last_played% should be the same
- (maybe some other strange scenarios)

Reply #228
I have figured out how to create a column for specific-track play counts, but is there a way to view play counts for an artist (as a whole)?

Reply #230
Thank you!

Reply #231
So I read pretty much through this thread and can not seem to find an answer to if you can define the rating range?  It seems to be hard set to 1-5, however ALL of my music is set using a range of 0-100.  I actually use a range of 1-5 when setting the value but each value is multipled by 20, i.e. 1=20,2=40,3=60,4=80,5=100.  You may then ask why have a range of 100 then, answer is so that I can use tricks to slower weight my ratings based on play frequency and such.  Also other media players use the 0-100 system.

Reply #232
foobar has also mathematics onboard $mul(%rating%,20) will give you your desired ratings. You can use this to change your ratings in tags or to view rating in those higher numbers.

Reply #233
foobar has also mathematics onboard $mul(%rating%,20) will give you your desired ratings. You can use this to change your ratings in tags or to view rating in those higher numbers.

I know about the math functions, I use $repeat($char(9733),$div(%rating%,20) ) to show my rating in 1 to 5 stars.  However I would like to use play stats plugin and it trys to import my rating data from my tags and it sets the rating to 5 if the value of rating is greater than 5 which for my files will be.  How do I handle that import issue?

Reply #234
that importing is difficult. the database needs 1 to 5 in the field rating. for import you need some extra steps. use format from other fields in properties on the rating field. use $div(%rating%,20) if you need to bring back your own rating to the statistics rating 1 to 5. then you use import values from tags under context menu playback statistics. when you've done that you can format the fields again to bring them to 20 again, if you want to, or use your code to show it as 20's rating.

Reply #235
When you move multiple gigabytes of data from one "monitored" location to another using the File Operations>move feature, part of the files will lose the playback statistics (when saved centrally). This bug has been around at least for 2 versions, but I hadn't moved many files for a while now, so I hadn't run into it again yet.

Currently using .968 * 2.19, but the bug has been around for at least a 9 months to a year, if not longer (the earliest time I used it)

Reply #236
Hi,  I wondered if there's a way to show a notification of whether I have toggled "monitor playing tracks" on or off.  I know how to bind a key to that command, but I want to know if there's some sort of indicator like %monitoring?% which is flagged on or off, so I know whether I turned it on or off with my shortcut key. 
If so, I can access that variable and be able to check the status of "monitor playing tracks"

Or if there's a simple way to show customized button on the toolbar which is toggled on or off

thanks,
long time playback stats user

Reply #237
I've noticed when I do not rate a track and have the track on repeat or rather have the file played a significant amount of times, the auto rating system that foobar adds to the track the %rating% attribute does not pick up those tracks to the filter expression output.

So with "%rating% GREATER 3" only the track that have manual ratings set only display in the results.

Is this by design or is this the desired effect?

I'd like to see those auto rated files picked up by the %rating% attribute.

Cheers,

dvine

Reply #238
Since this component is all about statistics, would it be possible to add current system time and date variable?

Reply #240
That's not possible.

I think that's a little strong. Where there's a will there's a way.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #241
Having a problem with the preferences. There is no section to configure this component? It should appear under "Tools", right? I don't have it.

Foobar 0.9.6.8
foo_playcount 2.1.9

W7 x64.

Anyone know what's happening?

Reply #242
Having a problem with the preferences. There is no section to configure this component? It should appear under "Tools", right? I don't have it.

Foobar 0.9.6.8
foo_playcount 2.1.9

Configuration via Preferences / Advanced / Tools / Playback Statistics (one entry only).

Handling of the plugin via menu Library / Playback Statistics and context menu commands in your playlists.

Robertina.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #243
recently i have donwgrade from 0.9.6.5 to 0.9.5.6 (because of automatic folder monitoring) and all my playback statistics are wiped out!

is there any way to retrieve my old playback statistics?

i tried to go back to 0.9.6.5 but it has no use.

Reply #244
I like rating with this component now - No lags at all

It would be great if it was possible to manage custom tags to be stored in the playback statistics db instead of filetags. I.e. both me and my girlfriend are rating tracks so we can make better playlists with music we both like and separate playlists with music we just prefer ourselves. However currently it's not possible to add a separate rating/tag that is not stored in the file during playback.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #245
so is this component incompatible with the new 9.6.9?
It was working fine with 9.5.something, but now it no longer shows up in the list.

Is this a known issue, or just local to me?

Reply #246
local to you

terry

Edit:
what list? If you are talking about Preference > Components...if it isn't there you have not installed the component.
Is this an install over your previous install or a new install?

Reply #247
yeah, that was it. I just needed to create a new install. odd since everything else continued to work after installing 9.6.9 over the old one
thanks

Reply #248
I like rating with this component now - No lags at all

It would be great if it was possible to manage custom tags to be stored in the playback statistics db instead of filetags. I.e. both me and my girlfriend are rating tracks so we can make better playlists with music we both like and separate playlists with music we just prefer ourselves. However currently it's not possible to add a separate rating/tag that is not stored in the file during playback.

How about having two separate installs of foobar?  Me and my wife share the same library but we have different foobars so we can rate tracks differently and create our own playlists.  Plus, we fundamentally use foobar for different things so I setup a CUI config for her while I use DUI.  Works great for us.

Reply #249
I guess playback statistics fields can't be used as fields for comparation in query expressions. But first I think that I made some mistake because it seems strange that all queries I tried just don't work:

Code: [Select]
%play_count% IS 1
results in many matches, but

%first_played% EQUAL %last_played%
results in even more matches, and that are matches where %first_played% and %last_played% don't have value (tracks never played) so both equal to zero

%first_played% IS/HAS %last_played%
results with empty match

%first_played% HAS "$year(%last_played%)"
%first_played% HAS "$left(%last_played%,4)"
both are empty matches!

some other empty examples:
"$year(%added%)" EQUAL "$year(%last_modified%)"
"$left(%added%,4)" EQUAL "$left(%last_modified%,4)"
"$left(%added%,4)" IS "$left(%last_modified%,4)"
"$num($left($replace($date(%added%),-,),4),4)" EQUAL "$num($left($replace($date(%last_modified%),-,),4),4)"

I may post other non-sense queries but this is enough I think. So is this by design or I can't see something obvious?

[edit] hm.. Note 3 from Help:
Note that you can't access technical information (such as codec specifications) or component-provided information (playback statistics and such) this way.
This may be speed limiting and also usefulness limiting
But than can be playback statistics field be wrapped with title formatting, like in some of above examples and produce result?