Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics component (Read 204094 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics component

Reply #200
I've run into another problem. When items in playlist are created by dragging them from system shell (explorer for example; as opposed to being crated by dragging from media library search) rating/playcount doesn't work despite the fact that files paths are within media library paths and the same files added to playlist from media library search behave 'normally'...

Reply #201
When items in playlist are created by dragging them from system shell (explorer for example; as opposed to being crated by dragging from media library search) rating/playcount doesn't work despite the fact that files paths are within media library paths and the same files added to playlist from media library search behave 'normally'...

I can't reproduce this problem, everything works as expected here...

Reply #202
Thanks for the update.

Reply #203
a question: is it possible to modify the percentage of song to be counted as Play Count?

i'm asking this because i started using never played auto-playlists and the fact that the tracks disappear from the playlist while they still playing creates some awkward situations:
- for example when the track disappears it's not possible to use the "double-click on status bar" to focus the now playing track!
- if we select another track in the playlist after the "now playing track" disappears the playback will be resumed with that same track!

this is pretty annoying when we're trying to listen to full albums and browsing the auto-playlist at the same time...

i'm using the "cursor follows playback" option to counter this behavior but it's not a perfect solution...

Reply #204
@ _oao:
You can solve this with a workaround by adding some time to your autoplaylist-query.

for example:
Code: [Select]
%play_count% MISSING OR %last_played% DURING LAST 15 MINUTES

Reply #205
I can't reproduce this problem, everything works as expected here...

http://files.myopera.com/lwiczek/files/obr...r_playcount.png
On the left - properties of item added through media library; on the right - properties of item added through drag&drop from explorer window (opened using "open containing folder" option from context menu of the first presented item btw...). How come the same file can be treated that differently:
Notice : None of the selected items are in the Media Library; their playback statistics are not collected.
!?

Console does not show anything when I'm adding the file in question....

Reply #206
Looks like the first window has a capitalized MP3 folder, and the right window lower. Strange.

can't reproduce however (winxp home, files on usb-disk), got some other strange behaviour, when I open containing folder through contextmenu, it loads, when I drop a file in a foobar, the folderwindow disappears for a few seconds and comes back. When using explorer normal it just stays focused. I and you should probably mention this in another topic, maybe a buggy?

Reply #207
I too noticed some time ago that Media Library is case-sensitive...

Reply #208
Thanks a million! Changing root folder (i.e. "mp3") to uppercase solved the problem. Basically, I had in my configuration Media Library as "E:\MP3\", few weeks ago I'va had a HDD problems so quickly copied content to lowercase "mp3" (but foobar configuration remained!). What's strange is that foobar stores media library paths relatively to folder configured in preferences, i.e. "E:\MP3\" from config + "rest_of_the_path_from_scan" completely ignoring the root folder (sorry for inconsistence (; ). All in all - now everything works brilliant! Thanks once again!

I and you should probably mention this in another topic, maybe a buggy?

Probably mods could split those posts? If I knew it wasn't strictly related to this particular plugin I would have probably post it somewhere else (:

Reply #209
@ _oao:
You can solve this with a workaround by adding some time to your autoplaylist-query.

for example:
Code: [Select]
%play_count% MISSING OR %last_played% DURING LAST 15 MINUTES

Nice tip!
Thanks. 

Reply #210
Hi,
I've finally switched from 0.9.4.4 to 0.9.6.5, and in the switch i decided to use the official playback statistics instead of the playcount_mod.  what format is the timestamp for the various *_TIMESTAMP fields.  It was a nice readable date with playcount_mod, now it seem like a random string of numbers.

Reply #211
I image you are you are seeing a serial date of some sort.
Drop the _timestamp from the end of your %playback statistic date field% and you will see standard calendar conversion.

terry

Reply #212
first off: Hello to everyone *wave* since this is my first post here.
Up to now I have only been reading the forums here and found (almost) everything I needed.

To the reasone I finaly registered...

I was wondering if its planed to add the ability to create custom fields to this component?
Or is there allready a way to do so that I simply didnt see?

Someone else asked about this some time ago here too but I found no reply to it in here.
I would realy love to see this option since there are infos I would like to add to the database rather than have them stored in a custom tag.

And yes... I know about that custom stats plugin. But I would rather stick with the official version

Reply #213
Using latest foobar2000 and latest playback statistics, "Write statistics to tags" writes all tags, except ratings, which is permanently removed.

Reply #214
Using latest foobar2000 and latest playback statistics, "Write statistics to tags" writes all tags, except ratings, which is permanently removed.
Not here.

Reply #215
Not here.

Well, I'm still having the problem. I have tried it out on three systems (Vista x64, Windows XP, and Linux through Wine) all with the same results. Could it be the fact that I'm using the portable version of foobar?

Reply #216
Not here.

Well, I'm still having the problem. I have tried it out on three systems (Vista x64, Windows XP, and Linux through Wine) all with the same results. Could it be the fact that I'm using the portable version of foobar?

Just installed the non-portable version of foobar. Same thing.

Reply #217
Hello everyone,
I'm using Playback Statistics and I have created a custom column in my playlist which shows the "[%play_count%]"-tags. So far it works as I want it to but:
As soon as the playcounter reaches a higher value than 9 sorting the playlist according to this column doesn't work as intended anymore. Meaning the ones that were played between 10 and 19 times are sorted between those that were played 1 and those that were played 2 times. I like to play music sorted by their play-counter because it means I haven't heard this music as often as others and it would be nice to hear it again.

Long story short: is there any way to write the playcounter value with a fixed number of numerics? For example 001, 002 and 012 would then be sorted correctly.

Reply #218
Long story short: is there any way to write the playcounter value with a fixed number of numerics? For example 001, 002 and 012 would then be sorted correctly.

Not sure, but try with $num(%play_count%,3)

[EDIT]

This is meant to be the sort criterion.

Reply #219
I replaced "[%play_count%]" with "$num(%play_count%,3)" and it works perfectly now.
Thank you very much!

Reply #221
Not here.

Just installed the non-portable version of foobar. Same thing.

I fixed my problem. QuickTagger was interfering with the Playback Statistics. I was tagging rating with quicktagger, rather than through Playback Statistics native interface, so when I wrote statistics to files it wrote what Playback Statistics had stored in the DB, which of course was nothing because everything had been tagged through quicktagger.

Reply #222
I cant get this plugin to really do anything.
Ratings is greyed out in the menus

Play count is always zero
Rating is ?
added is blank

I've tried deleting my app data ans that did not fix it
I've tried deleting the PlaybackStatistics.dat file the file is always 20 bytes

Am I missing a step on getting this app to work?

Using foobar v0.9.6.6 and foo_playcount 2.1.9
No other odd plugins installed, all are from main site ALAC decoder, CD burning, g15 plugin installed after the fact, "full" install
Windows XP 32bit
Nearly default theme

custom colum patterns used:
$num(%play_count%,3)
$date(%added%)
%rating%

Reply #223
Playback Statistics are remembered by file path, and the files must be under configured Media Library directories. Are they?
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #224
Playback Statistics are remembered by file path, and the files must be under configured Media Library directories. Are they?

I missed this part completely, I never set this up ever before as I  drag drop everything into playlists as needed.

A little more documentation would been nice on the wiki, having some the custom columns defined cleanly on the wiki would help allot getting this plug in up and running faster.