Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC dupe checker - would anyone want? (Read 3554 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC dupe checker - would anyone want?

Gang -

I currently use the following to help sort out MP3s. It totally rocks. Only looks at Title & Artist tag and then narrows down via bitrate and time (length). It is totally adjustable via percentage of accuracy.

Now, I know of nothing in FLAC land. The developers have indicated support for FLAC if there is a market for it.

I am willing to pay the $50 or so for that - for me, it WILL be useful.

http://abeetech.com/mp3-duplicates-finder/ is the site.

Ok gang - can I count on any of you?

Thanks!

Reply #1
I am willing to pay the $50 or so for that - for me, it WILL be useful.
Ok gang - can I count on any of you?

Wow 50 bucks? i remember seeing a method to use playlist tree and foobar to find the duplicate files. In any case, 50 bucks is just too steep!

Reply #2
I guess a clarify is in order. I have already bought the MP3 dupe checker. This would be a personal version for me. But if there was enough interest, my thinking he'll add support in a future update.

If the app handled MP3/VMA and FLAC, would you be interested?

Reply #3
So you've paid the $19 or so for the standard version of the program and now want to pay an additional $50 so that it can also search for flac duplicates?

Like i said, there's a method to use playlist tree and foobar to do this. Since that method will work on all formats that foobar can open, i'm not interested.... and i doubt other people are.

Reply #4
I do recall searching on that some time ago. How would I make it work?

Thanks!

I do have over 50k of FLACs I am working with.

Reply #5
PCM-wise identical files can be detected by verifying the embedded MD5 audio checksum in FLAC files.

But I don't know an application that can do that.