Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: converting LPCM 5.1 -> DTS? (Read 19509 times) previous topic - next topic

converting LPCM 5.1 -> DTS?

Reply #26
I'm having some trouble at the moment even getting to 6 mono wavs for input into a DTS encoder. With the help of some of Skelsgards comments here and on doom9 I've managed to:

1) Demux audio with DGIndex to a single PCM 48k 16bit 3/2lfe .pcm file.
2) Rename to a .raw and convert to wav with SoX.exe -r 48000 -s -w -c 6 file.raw file.wav
3) Split into 6 mono streams (.wavs) with WaveWizard (which needed to be set to ignore size)

WaveWizard tells me there is clipping in each file (peak conv is >2.x). The resulting .dts is mainly loud white noise. If I convert the sampling rate of the mono.wavs to 44100 then each wav individually also sounds like loud white noise, with occasional silent gaps in it (just like the .dts version)?!?

Can anybody tell me what's going on? DGIndex complains about there not being a video sequence header and the audio PID has to be set by hand to a Private Stream otherwise no demuxed .pcm file will come out...

Reply #27
Make sure you're working with the latest version of DGIndex. I think there were some bugfixes about LPCM.

Later
"Screw u guys, I´m going home."

Reply #28
Make sure you're working with the latest version of DGIndex. I think there were some bugfixes about LPCM.

Later

Unfortunately I already was and that isn't the problem. I checked and I had been using 1.5.0 beta 2 (part of AutoMKV). I just redid steps 1-3 starting with the latest release version DGIndex 1.4.9, but get the same result.

Any other ideas???