Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: getting rid of cue files (Read 2080 times) previous topic - next topic

getting rid of cue files

I have a rather large library of music that is mixed between whole album files with cue files and others with separated track files.

I want to be rid of these cue files...

Is there any automated way to do this?

During conversion, I see that Foobar2000 will separate a file if I select tracks that are being referenced from a cue file.  That is good.  But if I convert my whole library, I will be stuck with both separate track files and the original album file with no way to automatically remove the latter.

Any ideas?  Process must be semi-automated because I can't visually check each album...

getting rid of cue files

Reply #1
Do you have enough room to convert your whole library to a new folder?  You could then just check the new folder against the source and delete the source.

I'm sure there must be better ways, but at the moment I'm failing to see an easier way.
I'm on a horse.