Quote from: Eli on 05 April, 2014, 11:58:19 AMAlex,Amazon script seems to be struggling to get the full size image. I have found this frequently but thought you would like an example, so here is the last one I noticed:http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Warrior-T-Rex/dp/B006HH5Y6KEliThanks for the report. When I do a search for that album with the Amazon (.com) v0.11s script, I get:http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Warrior-Mar.../dp/B000002KP3/http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Warrior-Ses.../dp/B000001JKJ/Not the B006HH5Y6K one you mention. I notice on the page you posted that the image is only 300x300 and has an AutoRip stamp stuck on top of it, so I'm not too concerned about not getting that one...
Alex,Amazon script seems to be struggling to get the full size image. I have found this frequently but thought you would like an example, so here is the last one I noticed:http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Warrior-T-Rex/dp/B006HH5Y6KEli
The embedded image is 1425x1425 and the one that showed up in AAD. However AAD was never able to download the 1425x1425 image. If I go to the web page, show source and search for jpg I can find the source image (for when you scroll over the thumbnail with autorip, and you get http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71El...hL._SL1425_.jpg
Is it possible to search for album art based on ID3 tags?
It would be nice if I could use the title of a song as the Album title to solve this problem.
Google Play Music, on the other hand, does look quite promising, with good quality high res images. Here's a script for it, if you'd like to try it out and give me any comments before I make it available through online updates: google-play.boo. It would also be useful to know if you find any full-size images that are not 1448×1448 pixels - if I can be reasonably sure that they are all that size, I will have the script report them as such rather than "Unknown".
Hi, the script worked fine for me until a month ago or so, I guess Google changed something in their page?BTW, I found this great google-play source just by accident, so I thought maybe I'm missing some other great scripts, maybe you should include a list of test, trial, beta scripts not included in the program in the first post of this thread for everybody to see and try?Also, have you thought about adding an AllMusic script? They have lots of covers and some of them are in high resolution...
how to use original filename for albumarts?
I was wondering a few months ago if someone figured out how to make AAD usable in osx by using winebottler. do you have any idea of the parameters I should use to make it run under osx ?
I can't run the scan for more than, lets say, 500 albums, the RAM is used as cache and when totally used, the app crashes
Quote from: rael71 on 15 June, 2014, 10:30:09 AMHi Andrea,The solution would be to delete the configuration file, however I don't know why AAD has been unable to determine the path to it to delete it automatically, when you click the reset all settings button.To do it manually, I'd recommend going to the "%localappdata%\AlbumArtDownloader" folder (should resolve to "C:\Users\andrea\AppData\Local\AlbumArtDownloader" for you)and deleting it. This will remove all album art downloader settings, which should hopefully let it start up successfully next time.Alex
The strange thing is that I haven't any AlbumArtDownloader Folder in appdata!
Quote from: rael71 on 15 June, 2014, 12:27:44 PMThe strange thing is that I haven't any AlbumArtDownloader Folder in appdata!Huh, I guess that would explain why it couldn't determine the path to it, then. What it doesn't explain is how there can be config file errors if there aren't any config files. Could you check in the folder you installed it to (usually C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader) and see if there is an AlbumArt.exe.config file there? Or any other .config files, for that matter, there shouldn't be any with a fresh install...If there aren't, then there's a problem with the .NET Framework on your computer. I'd recommend going to the Programs and Features control panel, and clicking on the link to change installed windows features, then uncheck .NET Framework 3.5 to remove it. Once it's removed, go back and re-check the box to install it again. With a bit of luck, it might repair itself.Alex
I cannot see a machine.config file anywhere, it sure is not at c:\Program Files (x86)\AlbumArtDownloader\ or c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\AlbumArtDownloader\ or any of its subfolders.
there seems to be a bug in hitparade.boowhen "unknown" is checked in "filter by cover types", hitparade always returns the cover for Madeline Juno's "The Unknown".
Hi Alex,would you please consider the following two things:
Quote from: SigHunter on 15 July, 2014, 08:13:37 AMHi Alex,would you please consider the following two things:Thanks for the suggestions. I've added feature requests for these (except the font size, I'm happy with the current size). If I ever do another version of AAD then I expect I'll at least get the artist and album searched for into the result tile, that shouldn't be too tricky.For the moment, though, what you can do is select the album in the top area, and that will highlight it in the bottom area, that way you know what the result for that search was.Alex