Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where is Musedrop, FLACdrop, etc? (Read 7063 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is Musedrop, FLACdrop, etc?

I really enjoy using Lamedrop and OGGdrop from Rarewares. I also Like My Speexdrop.

Where are the other drops? I have seen FLACdrop recomended in FLAC website, but it is nowhere to be seen I am also searching for MuseDrop 

I have looked everywere, but I can't find them...

Do NeroDrop, FAACdrop, WavPackDrop, mp3ReopackerDrop, etc exist?(I know I look foolish  )

why were FLACdrop and Musedrop removed  from rarewares BTW ?

PS: I suppose the two who hold the best answers for my question are rjamorim and john33

Reply #1
I honestly thought noone used layer3maniac's frontends anymore...

If people want it, I'll reinstate flacdrop. The MPC section is gone from RW, so, I think musepack.net would be a more suitable place to host Musedrop.

Reply #2
I honestly thought noone used layer3maniac's frontends anymore...

If people want it, I'll reinstate flacdrop. The MPC section is gone from RW, so, I think musepack.net would be a more suitable place to host Musedrop.

Please do so.  Actually, most searches on Google turn up the Lossless page of Rarewares, but there is no Flacdrop download there anymore.  I really like to use Flacdrop on Windows as it's the simplest & best tool to use for converting a large number of WAV files into FLAC.  I'm glad someone else posted this...

Reply #3
I use the drops all the time. I like to use the -Y switch in Lamedrop and I can't seem to find it in the other XPd-version (or whatever).
//From the barren lands of the Northsmen

Reply #5

Off topic:

Hi Roberto, i have tried several times to contact you to send you the TAK 1.0.1 archives. But no luck... Hydrogen's PM failed too (Inbox was full).

Can you please send me an email adress which works?

Thomas

Reply #6
YES men! We want more drops like lamedropXPd, oggdropXPd, FLACdropXPd, NeroDigitaldropXPd, etc...

It's easy to use and has every usefull options!

Thanks in advance!!!

Reply #7
Thanks for putting up Flacdrop again! I still use it frequently, even thought it's quite old.
Would be very neat if Lamedrop got flac support (and flac tag reading support) like OggdropXPd.

Reply #8
Okie dokie, here are lamedrop:
http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lamedrop.php#lamedrop-l3m
and FLACdrop:
http://www.rarewares.org/lossless.php#flacdrop-l3m

and you can still get musedrop here:
http://www.rarewares.org/files/mpc/musedrop.zip

Don't even ask me about psyteldrop

Much love & appreciation!  I actually found it online on a site of dubious reput, so I'm glad that I can find it now at the trustworthy Rarewares site.

It's time like these that I wish I could code more than PHP so I could contribute to some of these projects, as tools like the Cool Edit/Audition filters, *drop tools, and so on are invaluable to the work that I do.  I'm thinking about dabbling with some Linux-based ones, as the development curve should be shallower.  But that's a topic for another day.

Thanks again!

Reply #9

Off topic:

Hi Roberto, i have tried several times to contact you to send you the TAK 1.0.1 archives. But no luck... Hydrogen's PM failed too (Inbox was full).

Can you please send me an email adress which works?

Thomas

rjamorim@yahoo.com still works, but I did notice its spam filter has been acting up, specially with attachments.

You can contact me at my work e-mail, the same login name @dainf.cefetpr.br

YES men! We want more drops like lamedropXPd, oggdropXPd, FLACdropXPd, NeroDigitaldropXPd, etc...

Would be very neat if Lamedrop got flac support (and flac tag reading support) like OggdropXPd.

You could always ask John33, but I suppose he's busy with much more important stuff these days (watching football, drinking beer, touring France and ripping DVDs)

I'm thinking about dabbling with some Linux-based ones, as the development curve should be shallower.

Very hardly. A quick comparison between Visual Studio and KDevelop would shatter that illusion. But hey, YMMV...

Reply #10
As another XDrop fan, I'd like to thank you, Roberto

- Spike

Reply #11
sorry for the delay, but...

THANKS ROBERTO!

and I supose FAACdrop may come soon too...

I have been busy with studies back home, hence the delay.

But I went through the pain of learning to use CLI programs because the drops were not available, so I really don't need them that earnestly anymore...(just kidding drops rock)

It would be fun if we got a MultiDrop with lots of small squares where one can right click to configure the codec and use it.

Reply #12
One could always use foobar2000drop if the converter can be set up to what you need.
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

Reply #13
One could always use foobar2000drop if the converter can be set up to what you need.

yup... possible.

but the muse and flac drpos are based on old versions of the codecs aren't they?

Reply #14
but the muse and flac drpos are based on old versions of the codecs aren't they?

IIRC, they're just frontends to whatever version of the codec you've installed.