Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XULPlayer - XUL-based MPlayer front-end (Read 4819 times) previous topic - next topic

XULPlayer - XUL-based MPlayer front-end

XULPlayer is an open source media player built on Mozilla XUL and MPlayer. It intends to be a flexible, user-friendly and web-enabled media player with support for playback of most popular audio and video formats.

Features:

* Based on award-winning MPlayer, with high playback performance and low CPU utilization
    * Support playback of following audio and video formats:
          o Audio: MP3, Vorbis, AAC, AAC+, AAC+v2, WMA, RealAudio, MusePack, Speex, FLAC, WavPack, WAV,
          o Video: MPEG 1/2/4, AVI, MP4, MKV, H.264, XviD, DivX, Theora, Flash Video, WMV (Windows Media Video), ASF, RMVB (RealVideo), MOV (QuickTime)
    * Suitable for both audio and video playback
    * A rich set of effects and options to adjust
    * Fully standalone, no need to install any codecs and splitters
    * XUL application, customizable user interface implemented with flexible XUL and JavaScript

Currently XULPlayer is still in early stage. Please just use it for fun and give us feedbacks. If you are interested in XUL, welcome to join us. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xulplayer)

Download XULPlayer

XULPlayer - XUL-based MPlayer front-end

Reply #1
I'll give this a go, but I've always had problems with Mplayer frontends.
Now I just setup my config file and do Send To > Mplayer.

My friends laugh at me because my favourite media player uses a CLI.

Umm no website...
I hate TMNT