Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: looking for a simple method to burn audio cds from mixed formats (Read 3071 times) previous topic - next topic

looking for a simple method to burn audio cds from mixed formats

I want to be able to decode/decompress various formats (flac, mp3 etc) and burn them to audio cds.

Nothing fancy, normalization is a must, but otherwise straight forward and uncomplicated.

Also, is there a way to take a gapless track and add track markers to it (accessible thru mm players/cd players etc)

Thanks.

Reply #1
iTunes can do it to certain degree.

Select "edit" from the top menu bar. Then select "preferences"

From the window that opens select the "advanced" tab. And then the "burning" tab below.

Check the "use soundcheck" check box for normalization.

iTunes supports mp3, aac, apple lossless, wav, aiff, but not flac.

About gapless you should select "none" in the "gap between songs" scroll down list. But your tracks must be gapless as well. It is not possible to make a perfectly gapless mp3 file. It is possible to make a perfectly gapless wav file. I don't know about other formats.

Reply #3
Burrrn?
I'm on a horse.

Reply #4
Burrrn?

2nd burrn...multiple format support and you don't need to transcode the files before starting the burn process.  It also supports writing CD text as long as your burner is able to perform the function.  A really nice little app.
JXL

Reply #5

Burrrn?

2nd burrn...multiple format support and you don't need to transcode the files before starting the burn process.  It also supports writing CD text as long as your burner is able to perform the function.  A really nice little app.
JXL

Unfortunately it does not allow you to burn a cd while crossfading the tracks...Nor does it have an optionn to print a cover.

Reply #6
Unfortunately it does not allow you to burn a cd while crossfading the tracks...Nor does it have an optionn to print a cover.

I'd say those features would be considered "fancy". Burrrn seems perfect for this guy IMO, as long as he replaygains his music.