Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I limit extraction speed? (Read 2397 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I limit extraction speed?

I have a Philips DVD+-RW SDVD8820 drive on a dell latitude d820. I am using EAC and REACT to rip my CD's. I have run into a few discs which are causing me some trouble (see this link) and I am trying to figure out how to intentionally limit the speed of the drive when extracting to see if that solves the problem. I have spent that past 2 hours searching these forums and google and have come up w/ nothing. I initially thought I could just go into drive options in EAC and do it from there but the only option available to me on the write/offset tab in the speed selection tab is "actual."

How do I limit the maximum speed of the drive while using EAC to see if this helps rip these CD's? Thanks for your help.

Reply #1
I initially thought I could just go into drive options in EAC and do it from there but the only option available to me on the write/offset tab in the speed selection tab is "actual."

Make sure there is a disc in the drive when you do that.  If the drive is empty, you'll only see "actual" as an option.

Reply #2

I initially thought I could just go into drive options in EAC and do it from there but the only option available to me on the write/offset tab in the speed selection tab is "actual."

Make sure there is a disc in the drive when you do that.  If the drive is empty, you'll only see "actual" as an option.

I put a disc in and "actual" is still the only choice in the speed selection dropdown...Any other way to do it?

Reply #3
I put a disc in and "actual" is still the only choice in the speed selection dropdown...Any other way to do it?

Huh.  That's interesting.  Unfortunately, I don't know what the deal is, there.