Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How Can I Correct A Song's Length Tag? (Read 8908 times) previous topic - next topic

How Can I Correct A Song's Length Tag?

I have some songs that were obviously ripped incorrectly.  Each song shows a time of like 43 minutes each, but are really only avg time in length, between 2 and 3 minutes each.

I have looked in the masstagger instructions and posts, but I cannot see how I would go about correcting those wrong times.

I've even tried using Tag&Rename, but it won't let me have access to that field to re-do the values there.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks!

Reply #1
Have you tried:

playlist context menu -> Tagging -> "Rewrite file tags"

These are .mp4 (or .acc) files I'm guessing?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Have you tried:

playlist context menu -> Tagging -> "Rewrite file tags"

These are .mp4 (or .acc) files I'm guessing?

Yes, I tried Rewrite file tags, but the only thing that happens is that a long window is displayed in the upper left of my screen for like 1 sec, and then dissapears.  When I update the library, the same length is still displayed on these songs.

They are just the normal run of the mill .mp3 songs that I collect. 

Funny thing tho, when I right-click on one of those songs in Total Commander, and select Properties, the resulting text box shows the right length for the song.  But when I double-check in Tag&Rename, the same old length of like 43 mins is still there.  And that's the value that shows in the playlists in foobar.

The properties box shows that the ID Tag contains both ID3v2.3 (UTF16) & ID3v1.1    -  if that's any help at all?

This is a puzzler for me.......

Reply #3
playlist context menu -> Utils -> "Fix VBR Header"
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #4

Perfect!  That did the job!  It changed the field from a constant Bitrate to a VBR, but as long as it got the job done, I'm just as happy.

Many thanks for instructing me on that one!

UPDATE:

Well, it worked on the first three songs, then on the others, I get this error in the console:

Could not process item (Expected MPEG layer 3 ("MP3"), found layer 1):
"C:\Music\Misc\Salsa\Salsa Especial CD1\Fiebre Latina - Morena.mp3"

I have no idea what that message means.  Anyone have a clue?

Reply #5
Well, here's how things turned out, for future reference to anyone who comes across this particular problem.

Foobar handled about half of those problem .mp3 I had.  The others, it just kept reporting that it couldn't fix the VBR info.

So, what I ended up doing was to just clean all the tag information from those few files, then re-tagged them with Tag&Rename, then did the VBR thing thru foobar, and it worked just fine then.

What a hassle, but now it's over, and as always, I learn in the process.

Later................

Reply #10

That menu option is not available to me (foobar v0.9.4.2)?
Thx.

you must not be looking in the right spot, or the file you've selected must not be a mp3.
The Utils menu is a standard feature of foobar.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #11

Thx.

The command is provided by foo_input_std, i.e. it is part of every standard foobar2000 installation. However, it is hidden by default. You can still bind a keyboard shortcut to it or add it to the context menu manually.

Reply #12

Thx.

The command is provided by foo_input_std, i.e. it is part of every standard foobar2000 installation. However, it is hidden by default. You can still bind a keyboard shortcut to it or add it to the context menu manually.

Well, I run the latest foobar 9.4.3 version, and I'm here to tell you that I have that command available in my context menu.  I certainly did not bind it to a keyboard shortcut, and I did not add it to the context menu manually...... I probably couldn't do either of those things if I wanted to..    I'm not that far in my foobar education yet.

That's why I thought the command was there as a result of a plugin that I had installed, possibly the foo_menu_addons dll that I have installed.  I see that I was mistaken about that, but it still remains that I did nothing to enable the command in my system, but it is there!

Reply #13
If you get a "Could not process item (Expected MPEG layer 3 ("MP3"), found layer 1)" You can try "Rebuild MP3 Stream" and then ""Fix VBR Header", works for me

Reply #14
If you get a "Could not process item (Expected MPEG layer 3 ("MP3"), found layer 1)" You can try "Rebuild MP3 Stream" and then ""Fix VBR Header", works for me

Cool!  I'll remember that for next time, if there is a next time of having that problem!

Reply #15

Thx.

"Fix VBR Header" was not bound to the Utils command - it is now AND I am in the process of fixing up the several hundred with incorrect lengths.

Brilliant, thanks! 

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021