Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Digital soundcard recommendations (Read 3456 times) previous topic - next topic

Digital soundcard recommendations

Hi everyone
I'm looking to get hold of a new soundcard but my main requirement is a selection of both optical and coax digital inputs/outputs.
Also some conventional analog line inputs would be great as well.

I want to be able to make decent quality recordings as my Creative Audigy 2ZS video editor box doesn't quite cut it.
Ideally a PCI solution would be best but USB / Firewire would be fine as well.

Just looking for some recommendations really

Thanks
Ben
Current HTPC: Mini-ITX Zotac Ion board with Intel Atom CPU

Reply #1
Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm really looking for a soundcard that will give me good quality digital input and outputs.

I'm now thinking Firewire might be the way to go with this after all.

Reply #2
The Emu 0404 is an easy solution.

Reply #3
Yeah, I have an E-MU 1212m and it's also wonderful. However, if you are using Vista, the drivers won't be out until later this year. They have a public beta release scheduled for June.

Reply #4
Hi guys

Thanks for the recommendations.
Both those products look absolutely perfect. Just wish I had 2 PCI sockets in the shuttle box this is going to live in.

I think it will have to be the E-MU 0404 USB.

Thanks
Ben

Reply #5
Juli@

Now you can have it's I2S signal output to your DAC.