Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with a Cowon D2 (Read 2476 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with a Cowon D2

I just bought a Cowon D2 and my first impression is that its awesome.

With my old Zen Xtra which is years old which is what I just bought this to replace, I could go to any level of the menu (genre/artist/album/etc) and then bring up a menu that allowed me to 'play' or 'add to now playing' for that whole lvl and everything under it.

With the cowon, the only option I seem to have for playing music is to navigate to the lowest level of the menu then double click a track to play it.

Is this the only option I have? It doesn't seem to have any concept of a 'now playing' list that I can add to, remove from, move around in.
It seems like a MAJOR drawback on an otherwise nearly perfect device.

Also, for the dynamic playlist - as far as i can see, I only seem to have an option to add whichever song is currently playing to this and cant add any songs just by navigating to them. I also cant see any way to delete tracks from this once I add them to it?

I really hope I'm missing something and there's some way to pull up like an 'action' menu when navigating to play anywhere I am, or add it to the list of now playing, or delete files, or anything like that.

If you have any tips or additional info or advice because if it really is this limited then it's just too big an issue for me and I'll return the device.
Please let me know ASAP though as I only get 5 days to return it in.

Thanks

PS - also wondering where I find a list of whats changed/fixed/updated in each firmware release as well.
Thanks

Help with a Cowon D2

Reply #1
Hi,

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware (.46) ? On my D2 I'm able to add files/albums to the DPL from the browsing menu. So the equivalent behavior on D2 would consist in : adding a first track to the DPL, playing this track from the DPL menu, then browsing music in order to add files to the DPL, so that those will be queued after the first track.

Here's the latest firmware for US/Europa  : http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard/zboar...;bmenu=download

PS - also wondering where I find a list of whats changed/fixed/updated in each firmware release as well.
Thanks

There's no full changelog available but you may find them easily there : http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Help with a Cowon D2

Reply #2
Hey thanks for that dude,
that worked great - a really long winded and overly complex way of having to do it compared to creative's way but at least it works and gets around the biggest problem I saw with this thing.

Thanks to you think I'm gonna keep it

I've signed up with iaudiophile now too