Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simplifying the CD burning process. (Read 1393 times) previous topic - next topic

Simplifying the CD burning process.

I'm looking for a way to simplify the CD burning process.  Currently, I have my entire cd collection archived on my drive in FLAC, with cue sheets.  Now, should I want to burn one of these cds to either use in the car, loan to a friend, etc, there is a fairly lengthy process to go through. 

First, I copy the entire folder to a temp directory, then convert the FLAC files to WAV, then load up the CUE in EAC and burn. 

Is there a way to simplify this process while still getting an AR verifiable disc in the end?  I'm up for changing my FLAC archive around however is needed, or using new programs.  I should point out that the lossless files are used SOLELY as a backup for my hard copies and to allow me to burn a CD-R copy which I can use instead of the original.  Therefore, the sole focus of how it is set up can be placed on the ease of backup/burning.  I'm open to any sugestions.   

Also, what is available software wise in OSX for cd burning?  I'm going to be getting a MacBook Pro at some point in the coming months and want to be prepared for the switch.