Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to get tracknumber sorting to work (Read 2222 times) previous topic - next topic

How to get tracknumber sorting to work

I am a foobar novice at best.  I am trying to get my tracks to sort by tracknumber.  The problem is that my tags for tracknumber include the total number of tracks.  They are tagged 1/13,2/13,3/13 etc (see below for example of how foobar sorts this.)  Is there any easy solution?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

[West #1/13] Are You Alright?
[West #10/13] What If
[West #11/13] Wrap My Head Around That
[West #12/13] Words
[West #13/13] West
[West #3/13] Learning How To Live
[West #4/13] Fancy Funeral
[West #5/13] Unsuffer Me
[West #6/13] Everything Has Changed
[West #7/13] Come On
[West #8/13] Where Is My Love?
[West #9/13] Rescue

Reply #1
Try if this works.

$num(%tracknumber%,2)
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #2
Brilliant!  Thanks you very much

Reply #3
Many thanks from me too!  The only way I could get the tracknumber sorting to work was by Edit-->Sort-->Sort by Track Number. Sorting by clicking "Tracknumber" (tracknumber column display name) however presented the issue as explained by mogorp.