Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Detecting noise in mp3 (Read 3681 times) previous topic - next topic

Detecting noise in mp3

Hi, I searched the forums but I couldn't really find an answer to this. I hope that someone can help me.

I just found out that a couple of my mp3's are corrupt. I ran mp3utility which picked up 63 files due to sync errors, but others have noise at the end and that is not picked up. When I play them the EQ bars from low to mid all peak (I think thats brown noise if I am not mistaken).

I know this sometimes happens when downloads are interrupted, but this is an album I ripped from my own collection. I think this happened copying files from one filesystem to another; I switched from Windows to linux and back and remember I had some trouble getting the files from one system to the other; I ended up with a few 0 byte files that I deleted and I thought that was it but it seems it left some more problems.

is there a tool that can analyze my mp3 files and pick up suspicious looking things like different types of noise?

Thx,
Ingemar.

Detecting noise in mp3

Reply #1
your trrouble is commome in converting or ripping. such as discontinuity, noise,etc.......

solve project:

choose two convert programm the same ipod

use two ipod one file

Now! there is no detect soft in the world! Google search also cant answer!!
He wins who masters in IPOD DVD MPG VOB PSP.........

Detecting noise in mp3

Reply #2
your trrouble is commome in converting or ripping. such as discontinuity, noise,etc.......

solve project:

choose two convert programm the same ipod

use two ipod one file

Now! there is no detect soft in the world! Google search also cant answer!!

You what say? 

To original question: I'm not aware of any program that analyzes the noise types of MP3 files. The signal energy of the files that are corrupted in the way you described will be very high (although heavily compressed loud music might come close?), maybe this could be used to pick up the corrupted files. Then again, i'm not aware of any program that calculates signal energies in MP3 files 

Detecting noise in mp3

Reply #3
That guy's been recently making useless posts about iPods... just ignore him.

Back to the original question: since you said that the problem MP3s are from music you ripped, I hope you have lossless versions of the songs (or at least have the original CD)...