Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp 5.34 Released (Read 14043 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp 5.34 Released

Winamp 5.34
Winamp 5.34 Full
Winamp 5.34 Pro (asks for key during install)
Winamp 5.34 Full emusic/bundle (includes 'The Magic Position by Patrick Wolf' mp3)
Winamp 5.34 Lite

* New: IPv6 support
* Improved: [gen_jumpex] JTFE Unicode support
* Improved: [ml_local] Unicode drag&drop and send-to support
* Improved: [ml_pmp] PMP Unicode support
* Fixed: ???? in the taskbar & system tray with Unicode titles
* Fixed: CD Burning on Windows Vista
* Fixed: [enc_lame] Better output samplerate selection for transcoding
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Memory leak when retrieving info for .aac files
* Fixed: [in_mod] .s3m and .it memory corruption bug
* Fixed: [libsndfile] matlab (.mat) memory corruption bug
* Fixed: [ml_local] Duplicate entries on upgrades after rescanning folders
* Updated: in_vorbis to libvorbis 1.1.2 and libogg 1.1.3
* Updated: in_flac 2.0 (based on FLAC 1.1.4)
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] Jump To File Extra v0.99.1a

Plus a heap of other improvements and bug fixes.

Full changelog

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #1
Thanks! (for all your hard work on getting this release out with all of its bugfixes/features].

I look forward to the improved FLAC 1.1.4 support!

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #2
Always crashes for me when I try to play a TAK file

~

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #3

Too bad...

Currently I have no idea, which of the plugins is responsible.

Probably i will build a new version of my Winamp plugin which contains the same fixes for multithreading issues as the decoding library which is beeing used by the foobar plugin. Possibly this can help. But unfortunately this may take some days, because i currently have very little time to work on TAK.

Thomas

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #4

Too bad...

Currently I have no idea, which of the plugins is responsible.

Probably i will build a new version of my Winamp plugin which contains the same fixes for multithreading issues as the decoding library which is beeing used by the foobar plugin. Possibly this can help. But unfortunately this may take some days, because i currently have very little time to work on TAK.

Thomas

Thank you in advance!

Tony

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #5
It happens if I use in_zip and in_tak at the same time, but I don't see the relation.

is very simple, in_zip will wrap itself around the other in_* so that it can work correctly as needed for passing the extracted files onto the correct in_*
from experience with other input plugins which have had crash issues (working with the most recent in_zip builds), it generally comes down to the other input plugin not doing things correctly. alas i can't see you image and if you can point me at some example files, etc so i can try to replicate/fix the issue my end then i will do my best (don't have the time to rumage through all of the tak related threads round here - isn't a format that i've used directly/have need to so i don't know what i need to work with)

-daz

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #6
If you're getting an "msvcp71.dll not found" error,
there's a new in_flac.dll available which fixes the problem/dependency:

Download | Info & mirrors

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #7
is very simple, in_zip will wrap itself around the other in_* so that it can work correctly as needed for passing the extracted files onto the correct in_*

I see, it sounds logical of course. Thank you for your reply.

alas i can't see you image and if you can point me at some example files, etc so i can try to replicate/fix the issue my end then i will do my best

I cannot see the image in Winamp forum too. Do you see it in this thread (above)?
Anyway, I uploaded it to another server.
Winamp.exe - Application Error

The previous Winamp build 1239 was generating a crash report, I can send it to you if you find it useful. Also, I can send you a small test TAK file, just give me your mail (send it to my PM).

~
Tony

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #8

Thank you in advance!

Can i send you a test version to the email adress listed in your profile? Is an 7z-archive ok?

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #9
Can i send you a test version to the email adress listed in your profile? Is an 7z-archive ok?

Yes, it's OK, thank you!

PS. Don't you sleep, men?

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #10
Build 1278 is now available (silent update from 1273) which includes the following two fixes:

-in_flac / "msvcp71.dll not found" error

-ml_pmp doesn't add files to ml database when using "copy to local media"

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #11
Build 1278 is now available (silent update from 1273) which includes the following two fixes:

-in_flac / "msvcp71.dll not found" error

-ml_pmp doesn't add files to ml database when using "copy to local media"

Thanks for the update. Downloaded it (Pro) and it worked OK! Much appreciated.

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #13
Security Issue, version 5.34!!!

Already fixed for 5.35, coming soon :-)

Note, all 5.3x versions of in_mp4 are affected, though we're not entirely sure how far back it goes... maybe as far back as 5.2x ish? The first version of Winamp to come with native MP4 support (in_mp4.dll) was v5.02

In the meantime, a Winamp 5.34a Security Update Patch is now available:
http://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/wa5update.exe

Note, if you didn't install support for MP4/M4A (Winamp\Plugins\in_mp4.dll) in the first place, then you don't need the patch.

Winamp 5.34 Released

Reply #14
It happens if I use in_zip and in_tak at the same time, but I don't see the relation.
Disabling the in_zip plugin is the only workaround I've found so far if I want to play TAK fles

I just released the TAK Winamp plugin 1.0.4, which hopefully fixes the bug.

Well, you already know... Thanks for testing it!

Thomas