Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK Decoding library 1.0.4 (Read 5547 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK Decoding library 1.0.4

Decoding library for TAK ((T)om's lossless (A)udio (K)ompressor).

This archive contains only the decoding library dll which is also part of the SDK. It's provided for end users using third-party applications utilizing the library, who want to update the library to the current version:

Link removed. Please look into this thread for the currently recommended version: TAK 1.0.1 Final

Bug fixes:

- Fix of a minor multithreading issue, which could cause suboptimal performance and possibly crashes (in very rare cases). The fix itself is not optimal performancewise; i will improve it when i have more time.

Important:

For now this update should only be tried by users experiencing crashes with foosions' Foobar plugin. As soon as they have provided positive feedback, i will inform you in a new post, that it's now recommended for everyone to use this update.

Reply #1
I used the decoding lib 1.03, foosions latest plugin and encoded with 1.01. Now I updated to deco lib 1.04. What I did was crossconverting stuff from lossy files for testing purposes with the command line "-e -p0". Hmm, I can't trigger the problem again now and unfortunately I've deleted the file. Hm.

Reply #2
I used the decoding lib 1.03, foosions latest plugin and encoded with 1.01. Now I updated to deco lib 1.04. What I did was crossconverting stuff from lossy files for testing purposes with the command line "-e -p0". Hmm, I can't trigger the problem again now and unfortunately I've deleted the file. Hm.

I suppose this should have gone into this thread foo_input_tak.

Squeller wrote:
With your new decoding library, the (dynamic) bitrate shows up as being around 1600 kbps...

And i replied:
That's very strange. I haven't touched any code involved into the decoding itself. Which library version have you been using before? Can anyone else confirm this observation?

One possible explaination: The affected file is 24-bit and you have been using the decoding library V1.0.1 before, which reported wrong bit rates for 24-bit files.

Well, as i supposed: you have upgraded from lib 1.0.1 to 1.0.4. Probably my explaination is right.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021