Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: C2 Error info (Read 5623 times) previous topic - next topic

C2 Error info

hey,
  I've heard a few negative things regarding C2 error info, but also heard that plextor CD-Rom drives are some of the best at retrieving them.  I use the Ultraplex 40X max, is it ok to use the C2 feature in EAC? or should I just stick with the traditional method? thanks

C2 Error info

Reply #1
If your using PlexTools (newer than version 1.15), C2 is more accurate. With EAC's C2 implementation however, its not advised to use it, and rather use the Accurate Stream method.
myspace.com/borgei - last.fm/user/borgei

C2 Error info

Reply #2
thanks, that's what I was looking for....do you know if plextools is windows XP compatible?

Edit:  nevermind, by the time I asked their was already an upgrade

C2 Error info

Reply #3
dang, my drive didn't come with plextools and I can't seem to find it over the internet, anybody know of where you can download the software (It's not installed, so I can't run the update)?

C2 Error info

Reply #4
PlexTools only comes with Plextor drives in Europe and Asia.. Plextor only have updates available on their site.

Although, PlexTools full version is also downloadable here and there, search for it, or send me a PM/mail and i could try helping you out.
myspace.com/borgei - last.fm/user/borgei

C2 Error info

Reply #5
dang, my drive didn't come with plextools and I can't seem to find it over the internet, anybody know of where you can download the software (It's not installed, so I can't run the update)?

Here is the link to Plextools 1.09 full version XXX

Install and update.

edit: Link removed. Is this freeware?

C2 Error info

Reply #6
Here is the link to Plextools 1.09 full version ...

I doubt that it's all right to post this here. If plextor wanted us to download the full version they'd have it on their server, wouldn't they?

Anyway, after reading here that Plextools is supposed to rip as secure as EAC (or even better sometimes), I installed it from the CD that came with my drive (1.06 IIRC) and tried to run the update. Didn't work. I called Plextor support - they sent me a CD with the brandnew full version of plextools for free. BTW, I never sent them a registration form or similar things - they just belived me that I've got a Plextor drive  ... I like this kind of service - not usual for Europe in my experience.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

C2 Error info

Reply #7
If your using PlexTools (newer than version 1.15), C2 is more accurate. With EAC's C2 implementation however, its not advised to use it, and rather use the Accurate Stream method.

If you use Plextools, you don't have the choice, it is C2 or nothing. With EAC, accurate stream has nothing to do with C2.
EAC is more accurate without C2. But I don't think this was tested on recent Plextor drives, that perform well with Plextools. So Plextool is maybe less accurate than EAC on old Plextor drives.

Search for "Plextools" in here, http://www.digital-inn.de/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14 , and http://forum.cdfreaks.com/
Searching in titles only might give you more accurate results.

If I remember correctly, only Plextor drives above the 12x burner (included ?) performed properly with Plextools.
So the Ultraplex might not be accurate with Plextools.

C2 Error info

Reply #8
Here is the link to Plextools 1.09 full version XXX

Install and update.

edit: Link removed. Is this freeware?

It is if you are in Europe. If you're in the U.S its noware

C2 Error info

Reply #9
Would a newer plextor drive peform (error detection) better with C2 & T&C or without C2 & T&C ?

C2 Error info

Reply #10
It has not been tested.

No C2 is better than C2 in EAC. Even with Plextor drives, it seems (http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=PleXWriter+PX%2DW4824A&index=3 shows 83 % of C2 accuracy with a Plexwriter 48).

But test and copy being redundant with no C2, C2 could bring an extra error  detection not provided by test and copy (nor by no C2).

...and burst mode test and copy can provide better handling of scratched CDs than C2 or no C2 secure test and copy.

C2 Error info

Reply #11
So even if u have a Plextor 48/24/48 CD-Recorder u should still rip with EAC?
Wanna buy a monkey?

C2 Error info

Reply #12
According to Andre's DAE Quality test tool (get it from www.exactaudiocopy.de), it could be safe to use C2 on the PXW-2410A ... he tested the PX40TSi and found this drive to be very ... insufficient at DAE error correction and C2 accuracy ...

If you want to safely rip copy protected CD's with EAC, the PX40TSi is a reliable choice ... and its performance on CD's with "normal" damage ist quite good ...

I would not recommend using C2 with this drive, though ... I did some tests for myself and acc. stream w C2 turned out to be safe (repeatable CRC values) in comparison to acc. stream w/o C2 (same CRC's) ... but the damage to my test CD's (which were real-life CD's) obviously isn't hard enough to stress the drive ...

BTW: if you want to take your ripping with EAC to an even higher level, you can always activate the "purge cache" function (even if EAC detects the drive not to cache audio which is sometimes inaccurate, eg for the SD-M1612/1712 Toshiba DVD) and then do a test & copy run ...  ... this will take ages but you can be sure to have true & accurate rips ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

C2 Error info

Reply #13
So even if u have a Plextor 48/24/48 CD-Recorder u should still rip with EAC?

Plextools might get more accurate C2 reports than EAC. It was tested by CD RW.org, if I remember well. And Plextools has a better recovery system than EAC. I don't remember if he directly tested recent Plextor with Plextools vs EAC-no-C2.