Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: vorbis.dll in CDex (Read 3351 times) previous topic - next topic

vorbis.dll in CDex

In the process of hacking the vorbis.dll to provide quality/vbr capability, I discovered a bug in CDex regarding the use of the vorbis.dll which I had not noticed before and have reported it to the SourceForge project. If anyone is able to do a fix and re-compile, the problem is in encode.cpp, line # 2552, ...lMinBitRate = GetMaxBitrate() * 1000. It should clearly be GetMinBitrate.

Regular users of both may already have noticed this, but if you assign a minimum bitrate value in the setup screen, it is ignored. If you assign a maximum bitrate value in the setup screen it is actually assigned to both Min and Max bitrate!! If you haven't noticed this, it is probably that not many people probably use, or have attempted to use, these settings.

It is a source of irritation to me because it cuts in half the number of quality options that could be provided until the problem is fixed. :mad:

I must hasten to confirm that this a vorbis.dll interface problem only, it does not affect any other interface.