Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multichannel on QuickTime 7 (Read 6925 times) previous topic - next topic

Multichannel on QuickTime 7

Is anybody here having problems playing the Apple HD demos with surround sound? I get only the front speakers and nothing from center, surround and LFE channels.
Liberate tutemae ex inferis

Reply #1
this was allready reported by some users, but did you check the qt settings?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #2
this was allready reported by some users, but did you check the qt settings?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=340405"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is a bug, it appears, in Quicktime's 5.1 audio modes on CREATIVE soundcards-- I cannot get the center channel to work on these soundcards:

Creative Audigy
Creative Audigy 2
Creative X-Fi XTremeMusic

I've tried reporting the issue to Apple and Creative; Creative told me that they can't offer support because they don't make Quicktime (what a lame response.) And Apple never responded to me!

So, yeah. I guess we'll have to wait for the new version and hopefully they fix their surround sound implementation.

Reply #3
Does anyone knows if this got fixed in QT 7.1 ?

Edit:
It seems it's fixed, Silent Hill and Goblet of Fire HD trailers sound just fine on:
- windows xp
- audigy 2 nx
- 7.1 speakers

Reply #4
Is anybody here having problems playing the Apple HD demos with surround sound? I get only the front speakers and nothing from center, surround and LFE channels.

Can you post a link to the files?

The only HD demos I found on apples website were in stereo.