Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD Rip: Avril Lavigne - Let Go (Read 9100 times) previous topic - next topic

CD Rip: Avril Lavigne - Let Go

Reply #25
Try copying it with CloneCd and then rip the copy to MP3.

Reply #26
I assumed he just meant the first line of the error correction "lights".

yes i meant that

Reply #27
I assumed he just meant the first line of the error correction "lights".

yes i meant that

That just means that error correction is being used as long as EAC doesn't log "read error" no error occurred. With CDex you don't get a decent report of errors detected/corrected doesn't mean there was none.

Reply #28

I've heard this works. Can anyone confirm? 

PS I ripped this with an NEC DV 5800. Nothing unusual happened. Didn't realize it was protected.

Reply #29

I've heard this works. Can anyone confirm? 

I can. I tried this method (and some others) with some copyprotected audio CDs, but can't tell what kind of copy protection. It worked on 2 drives where nothing else worked, but for these CDs extracting with EAC worked at least with 1 of my drives. So fortunately I'm not forced to trust this method.

EDITED: I didn't copy the CDs with CloneCD to a CD-R but to an .ccd image and extracted the audio tracks as .wav files with CDmage (see post below).
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #30
I tried on a Doc.loc CD, and it didn't work. The CloneCD copy was unreadable. I had to open the IMG file in raw mode with GoldWave, in order to save it as WAV.

Reply #31
Reading Pio2001's post I noticed that I forgot to mention:
To extract the WAV from the CloneCD image file I used CDmage. It was the only program able to do this. (AFAIR I tried WinISO and ISOBuster).
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #32
So you didn't try to burn copies of them ?

Reply #33
So you didn't try to burn copies of them ?

No. I didn't try to burn CloneCD 1:1 copies. AFAIK for some types of copy protected audio CDs CloneCD copies still contain the copy protection - and at least two of the audio CD players I use don't play some copy protected CDs. So my goal is to get copies without protection.

Reply #34
Well a friend just brought this cd over and I ripped it succesfully from the first try with both EAC & CDex. However, the wavs contain little pops (it's more like 'click-click' very fast) every 4 to 5 seconds, things which get heard also when playing the CD back digitally but not analogue... weird.

My drive is a AOPEN 32x (model 924E or something). I disabled caching of audio data and the use of C2 errors. When you enable the use of C2 errors the damn thing hangs and hangs and hangs. The only way for me to rip it is to have it play analogue in my CD-R and record it to WAVE... So there's double D/A conversion (actually D/A - A/D)...

Anyone else have this problem? Or even better, a solution (apart from buying a more modern drive )?
No inspiration

Reply #35
I ripped that particular cd using the "felt marker tip". I used a small piece of black tape instead. Easy to remove.

Please can you help me to right position the felt marker tip on the audio-cd before I can try to rip it?

Can you tell me if there is any sort of documentation about this method on some site or posts?