Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD Rip: Avril Lavigne - Let Go (Read 9101 times) previous topic - next topic

CD Rip: Avril Lavigne - Let Go

I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2502 and EAC or CDex and I am too stupid to get this CD ripped. Can Anybody help?

Reply #1
Check the FAQ in the "General" thread.
If there's still anything you don't comprehend, then ask again.
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #2
doesn't really help me. just for information the toshiba dvd drive is a notebook drive. the cd is recognized by eac with its 13 audio tracks + data track. if i klick on copy tracks it seems to start ripping but it doesen't. the dvd drive spins up and breaks down all the time with a progress of 0%, i have to end eac with the taskmanager then.

Reply #3
Hmmm... Have u tweeked EAC settings correctly?
Drive options?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #5
Well, there are detailed guides for configuring EAC, so why don't you
check them out? Have you never ripped an audio cd before?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #6
Well, there are detailed guides for configuring EAC, so why don't you
check them out? Have you never ripped an audio cd before?

i have ripped many audio cds and it worked with my settings 

can you please give me some links to these guides?

Reply #7
EAC guide

This guide is for an older version but I'm sure you can find a more recent one
by using a search engine. I'll see if I can find one myself, but I have to disconnect now. 
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #8

have a look at the *, that one is pretty detailed... i think it could really help you.

BTW: i personally didn't have *any* problems ripping "Let Go".
/EDIT: used drive was a TEAC CD-524EA

MOD:* no names or links to ripping groups.

Reply #9
that's the same stupid copy protection than on the paradise lost cd... if you do not have a drive which can rip them correctly (mostly older drives could rip them without any problems) than try copying your cd using a marker or some glue strip which you put on your cd to bypass the copy protection (is explained on many sites, try finding them using google cuz' I just know a german site atm.)...
I tried to rip the avril lavigne cd in 4 drives and it just worked in an yet older cd burner...

edit: oh, you're from germany... check this one: http://www.chip.de/praxis_wissen/unterseit...en_8725940.html

Reply #10

have a look at the PiMP Ripping Guide, that one is pretty detailed... i think it could really help you.

BTW: i personally didn't have *any* problems ripping "Let Go".
/EDIT: used drive was a TEAC CD-524EA

i have a teac CD524EA-B in my old Computer but this Drive doesn't really recognize the cd. when i insert it it reads and reads and reads.... i have to reset the computer to get the cd out of the drive after that

Reply #11
that's the same stupid copy protection than on the paradise lost cd... if you do not have a drive which can rip them correctly (mostly older drives could rip them without any problems) than try copying your cd using a marker or some glue strip which you put on your cd to bypass the copy protection (is explained on many sites, try finding them using google cuz' I just know a german site atm.)...
I tried to rip the avril lavigne cd in 4 drives and it just worked in an yet older cd burner...

edit: oh, you're from germany... check this one: http://www.chip.de/praxis_wissen/unterseit...en_8725940.html

On the Toshiba Drive It worked with this method but I ripped it to wav with CDex because EAC made lots of Level One Errors 

Reply #12

On the Toshiba Drive It worked with this method but I ripped it to wav with CDex because EAC made lots of Level One Errors 

& You think CDex didn't?  .

Reply #13

I don't know, but CDex doesn't show it to me if it does...that gives me a safe feeling 

btw: your avatar is very nice 

Reply #14
I ripped that particular cd using the "felt marker tip". I used a small piece of black tape instead. Easy to remove.

Reply #15
ok, finished
i have it now in wav and in --alt-preset cbr 192 (Lame 3.90.2)

btw: whats the difference between --alt-preset cbr 192 and -b 192 -m j -q 2?

Reply #16

I don't know, but CDex doesn't show it to me if it does...that gives me a safe feeling 

btw: your avatar is very nice 

The only thing that gives me a safe feeling is EAC - safe or Plextools - 5 but I use EAC - safe, No C2 & T&C for an unquestionable rip. CDex is not an option.

--alt preset standard has been designed to bring out the best of lame mp3 & only APS/APE/API have internal code-level tweaks. APS averages around 200kbps & CBR is a huge quality degradation @ this bitrate so what's the point of --alt-preset cbr 192?

Reply #17
so what's the point of --alt-preset cbr 192?

you can read it here

Reply #18

you can read it here

Create a folder in My Desktop called "decoded" & use MPC Batch Encoder to decode, simple. MPC is the best format for  lossy archiving anything q5+ beats mp3, Q5 avg 160-200kbps. If your set on MP3 & (still I'm not sure why you want CBR not APS) want speed use 3.93.1

Reply #19
The reason why you cannot rip Avril Lavigne with any popular ripping software, is because most software use AFABT-protection (Aim For A Better Taste) which automaticly rejects titles like Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears.

Oh well - I just had to make that remark 

Reply #20

you can read it here

Create a folder in My Desktop called "decoded" & use MPC Batch Encoder to decode, simple. MPC is the best format for  lossy archiving anything q5+ beats mp3, Q5 avg 160-200kbps. If your set on MP3 & (still I'm not sure why you want CBR not APS) want speed use 3.93.1

ok you convinced me, i try mpc now...

The reason why you cannot rip Avril Lavigne with any popular ripping software, is because most software use AFABT-protection (Aim For A Better Taste) which automaticly rejects titles like Avril Lavigne and Britany Spears.

i don't like Britney Spears 

Reply #21
The reason why you cannot rip Avril Lavigne with any popular ripping software, is because most software use AFABT-protection (Aim For A Better Taste) which automaticly rejects titles like Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears.

Don't know about the taste but looks & sounds good to me  .

Reply #22
Linkin:

First level error correction is not a bad thing, don't let that irritate you. If EAC doesn't report any read/sync errors and/or suspicious positions, the rip will be clean.

Reply #23
What is a level one error ? EAC can't detect C1 errors by any way.

Reply #24
I assumed he just meant the first line of the error correction "lights".