Skip to main content

Topic: Can the software uncompress the files with song titles as the filename (Read 1779 times) previous topic - next topic

• Pickngrin
  • [*]
Can the software uncompress the files with song titles as the filename
I have limited experience with FLAC, but have downloaded some live shows in this format.  Using the FLAC Frontend, the files are decompressed with filenames along the lines of artist-date-disc x-trackx.  Is it possible to have the program rename the files with the actual song titles (eg, based on info in the tags)?

Thanks

• Laemtao
  • [*][*]
Reply #1
I'm not sure about the FLAC Frontend, but fb2k has a nice file renamer that can rename based on tags.

• Pickngrin
  • [*]
Reply #2
I'm not sure about the FLAC Frontend, but fb2k has a nice file renamer that can rename based on tags.

Thanks.  I didn't know what fb2k was (I'm new to this forum) until I just Googled and downloaded it.  Is the renamer built-in or is it a plug-in?

• SamHain86
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
It is a built in ability. Here is a sample/simple way you to rename the files:
\%genre%\%album artist%\%album%\['['%track%'] ']%title%

So if you have the first track of an album called Introduction by Pearl Jam, it would rename the file "[01] Introduction.flac" and move it into the folder "\Rock\Pearl Jam\Live Album\"

Those [] indicate that if the item within it exists, it will put it there. For instance if that didn't have a track number, then it would have named the file: Introduction.flac

Others here have far more sophisticated naming scripts. I am new to this stuff and know nothing of programming.
  • Last Edit: 19 February, 2007, 09:44:07 PM by SamHain86
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(