Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: emusic - watermarked or not? (Read 3828 times) previous topic - next topic

emusic - watermarked or not?

hello,

does anybody whether emusic's mp3 files are watermarked? I heart that it can interfere with quality.

thanks
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #1
I've not heard of that.

Reply #2
Haven't heard of it either. I had an emusic trial account from which I downloaded 50 tracks with no quality issues whatsoever.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #3
eMusic content is DRM-free LAME VBR encoded MP3.  No, they do not have audio based watermarking.  Why would they?

(Now, if this question is really "Is it safe to pass copies around without a way to trace them to me?" in disguise... please, don't do that.  Isn't eMusic fair enough?)

Reply #4
(Now, if this question is really "Is it safe to pass copies around without a way to trace them to me?" in disguise... please, don't do that.  Isn't eMusic fair enough?)

The subscription model's rather inconvenient, which is why I didn't become a paying member. Cancelled my account after the trial.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #5
eMusic content is DRM-free LAME VBR encoded MP3.  No, they do not have audio based watermarking.  Why would they?

I agree. emusic is fair enough and I'm glad they don't use watermarking. Not only due to quality issues, but I would not want to be treated like a potential criminal. Rock on emusic

The subscription model's rather inconvenient, which is why I didn't become a paying member. Cancelled my account after the trial.

Yes and no. I guess the subscription model allows them to charge reasonable prices, although you can cancel anytime, which is nice. I don't like when I'm running out of downloads and have to wait till the next month to download the rest of it. At the same time, however, you get to explore new stuff, which you otherwise would have probably never bought. I think what they ought to do is charge on a per song basis once you have exceeded your download limit. Maybe the same price per song your current subscription model translated to.
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'