Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_ui_panels (Read 1318241 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2750
A single album per folder is the way most of the music is organized. But there are also some folders which contain a collection of personal favourites that do not share a single meta tag. That's why I would like to group the single column playlist by Folders, and if necessary, replace the group headers artist and album with "Various artists" and "Various albums". But how to compare the tags of multiple files ?

You could group by %directory%, however you cannot compare the tags of multiple files. You could tag the collections with an %album artist% tag or a custom %collection% tag and display those.

I also would like to determine both the longest track and the first group of a playlist. The commands %group_index% and %group_count%, specified within the Panels UI 0.13.x reference, look promising, but don't seem to two.

Longest track is not possible, but you can sort by playtime to find it. For the first group try checking if %list_index% is 1, as it will take the value from the first item in the group.

Oh, and by the way: How to edit a playlist ?! I know how to remove selected entries, but not how to manually sort them up and down, or move/copy them to a different list. I tried drag & drop and checked the command list, but both in vain. 

Hold alt.

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2751
Thank you, Purple Monkey !

Too bad that it's not possible to compare the tags of different tracks. However, some of your workarounds may serve the purpose, especially the %list_index% trick. Unfortunately, sorting by playtime won't do, because what I have in mind is a differently sorted playlist with a bar alongside every track that symbolizes its running time. The longest track gets the maximum length, the others are proportional shorter. Therefore, if sorting by playtime is the only solution to get that longest running time, I would need to have something like an auto-cloned, auto-%length%-sorted hidden copy of the current playlist in order to "steal" this information for the benefit of the visible one. And I don't believe that this is possible.

Hold alt.

Ah, I see.  But that's all ? Moving a single track within a playlist ? Neither moving of multiple tracks nor copying into a different playlist ?

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2752
Sorry, I mean drag & drop is only enabled while alt is held: select tracks, hold alt, click and drag. However I don't think you can drag tracks to other playlists.

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2753
You can get access to the first item in any group (including the first item of the first group = the first item of the playlist) in the group header using ordinary tags in the group header.

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2754
Sorry, I mean drag & drop is only enabled while alt is held: select tracks, hold alt, click and drag.

That is what is not working here. Alt+Rightclicking one or more preselected files doesn't produce anything. All I can do is Alt+Rightlick a single unselected item in order to drag it up or down. 

And Alt+Leftclick selects the whole playlist...

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2755
I'm running 0.13.8beta, the behaviour may have changed in 0.14.x.

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2757
In that case I have no ideas. :s

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2758
Hmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but if you select a song (or multiple songs) in SCPL then click again and hold it, you can drag&drop files within a playlist to arrange them!! (without any keyboard interaction...)
At least this works for me in 0.14.9 (I forgot if this was possible in 0.13.8)

edit: I think in 0.13.8 it was not just hold alt+click on an UNselected song, but select song first with leftclick and THEN hold alt+click to d&d... (maybe this is the problem!?)
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2759

* $meta_sum(name) and $info_sum(name) (only valid for group headers)
    * full drag/drop for support scpl
    * $smallcaps(size 1,size 1 optns,size 2,size 2 optns,text)

It's not really "Full", playlist won't scroll when you drag some item at the top/bottom of the playlist + some other quirk.

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2760
Hi. I have problem with using $imageabs2 with non-English format file name.
$iffileexisit would work but $imageabs2 would not take an non-ASCII name in %artist%

Is that anyway round that?
Thanks

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2761
I'm using the following line of code in a script that I'm tweaking to fit my needs:

Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%genre%,Classical),$roman([%discnumber%'.']%tracknumber%),[%discnumber%'.']%tracknumber%)

However, it's not doing what I want it to do. Instead of showing:

I.I
I.II
I.III
I.IV
I.V

it's showing this:

I
I
I
I
I

I'm sure that I'm not using the code right. Can anybody help me out please?
Thank you very much!

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2762
hi,

i make it work, use this :

$if($strstr(%genre%,Classical),$roman(%discnumber%)'.'$roman(%tracknumber%),[%discnumber%'.']%tracknumber%)

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2763
hi,

$if($strstr(%genre%,Classical),$roman(%discnumber%)'.'$roman(%tracknumber%),[%discnumber%'.']%tracknumber%)

Falstaff, thank you for your help. It's almost solved! The only problem is that when I use your code, albums without a disc number tag that are classical appear like this:

.I
.II
.III
.IV
.V

I'm not sure where to put the '.'. The whole idea is that %discnumber%'.' should only show WHEN the album has a discnumber tag attached to it... I hope I can fix this!

Thanks again for your help!

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2764
This should work:

$if($strstr(%genre%,Classical),[$roman(%discnumber%)'.']$roman(%tracknumber%),[%discnumber%'.']%tracknumber%)
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2765

hi,

Falstaff, thank you for your help. It's almost solved! The only problem is that when I use your code, albums without a disc number tag that are classical appear like this:

.I
.II
.III
.IV
.V

I'm not sure where to put the '.'. The whole idea is that %discnumber%'.' should only show WHEN the album has a discnumber tag attached to it... I hope I can fix this!

Thanks again for your help!

OK, wish excausted
$if($strstr(%genre%,Classical),$if(%discnumber%,$roman(%discnumber%)'.',)$roman(%tracknumber%),[%discnumber%'.']%tracknumber%)

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2766
Falstaff, callisto, thank you very much for your help!
Both suggestions worked perfectly. Now I can be happy and everything ^^

Thanks again!

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2767
Hi,
Is there a way to make a button who opens a specific playlist ?

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2768
Hi,
Is there a way to make a button who opens a specific playlist ?

yes, by using variables and foo_func playlist commands :

1) code a button $button(...) : on clicking set the variable var_button1 to 1

2) code a condition : if var_button1 = 1 then $playlist_active(your_specific_playlist_name)

but you have to reset the variable value to 0 by a way you have to choose (another button? ... on an specific event (possible in foo_func))

Bye

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2769
Alright ! I'll try it ! Thanks !

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2770

The skin I am currently woking on is based on Columns UI, however I think its better to post my question here because I have troubles using the Panels UI commands  $setpvar and $getpvar respectively. It seems like  $setpvar loses its ability to store a variable between sessions when Panels UI is not the primary user interface. Is there a workaround for this issue ?

The Panels UI Version is 0.13.8 beta, Columns UI is v0.2.

Thank you for any help !

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2771

The skin I am currently woking on is based on Columns UI, however I think its better to post my question here because I have troubles using the Panels UI commands  $setpvar and $getpvar respectively. It seems like  $setpvar loses its ability to store a variable between sessions when Panels UI is not the primary user interface. Is there a workaround for this issue ?

The Panels UI Version is 0.13.8 beta, Columns UI is v0.2.

Thank you for any help !

maybe Pui have to be the default interface to make pvars working ...

other way to store permanent vars is maybe using $textfile of foo_func ...

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2772
Which version of foobar2000 are you using? The $setpvar and $getpvar functions no longer function as of the most recent beta.

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2773
Hello everyone! I have this little problem here which is driving me nuts! I can't get this great thing to work!
I extract foo_ui_panels and I get the folder. I put foo_ui_panels.dll to foobars components folder, then I'm not sure what to do.

Do I have to make folder "PanelsUI" to foobar2000 folder? And what should I do with that "basic" thing?

I would be really happy if someone could tell me step by step how to do this, maybe include some pictures too because I'm sure there are other noobish people fighting with this!

If there is already good guide I'm sorry, if someone could link it it would be great!

foo_ui_panels

Reply #2774
Put foo_ui_panels.dll in the components folder.
Start Foobar!
Now there must be shown a dropdownbutton
take PanelsUI!
Finished!
~> Sorry!! I'm from Austria <~