Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dBpoweramp Music Converter R12 (Read 82089 times) previous topic - next topic

dBpoweramp Music Converter R12

Reply #25
I wish there was a full-version 30day trial version of D12 with the CD Ripper.
That way I could test the final version, and compare it to EAC properly.
Cheers

Reply #26
I would recommend a drive with good c2 support, R12 Reference can work wonders on these drives.

----

There is a 21 day trial of Reference, or 30 day of Power Pack, if these trials were activated whilst in final beta they will not be available.

Reply #27
How does one access the Trial after I have installed to checkout Secure Ripping?
Cheers

Reply #28
Install the Reference Trial, it auto starts the trial.

Reply #29
As I switched back from wonderful wavPack lossy to good old mp3 due to battery problems I had to rerip some CDs today. I did it with dBpoweramp and I absolutely like it.

Great work!
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Reply #30
Can it generate CUE sheets, and if not -- will it ever?

Reply #32
What is the meaning of "Secure (Warning)"?

I've ripped a track twice and the results aren't consistent. Should this really be considered secure?
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #33
If you show the CRC column it will highlight in red to show different CRCs.

The ripping result is just for that one rip, not previous ones, the drive did not detect the error (despite rereading).

Reply #34
I see, makes sense since C2 wasn't enabled. If I enable C2 I don't get an output file (log reports many dropped C2 errors). (LITE-ON LH-18A1P)

I'll try upping the maximum re-reads ...
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #35
If you aren't using C2, be very careful when upping the number of re-reads as the passing criteria is 10 out of X.  It's actually quite easy to get the program to say bad data is secure when using a large number for X.

Reply #36
Yeah, I was upping the number of rereads for C2 extraction only. But thanks for the information.

I wanted to see if I could get dBpoweramp to output an audio file with C2 on and a large number of re-reads. It was a no go.
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #37
I wanted to see if I could get dBpoweramp to output an audio file with C2 on and a large number of re-reads. It was a no go.

I actually had some luck with a rip like this not too long ago.  The good parts had to be pieced together with a wave editor, however.  AccurateRip was able to verify my results.

I had to set the re-reads to 1500 or 2000 to get this result.  In some instances all but 1 re-read was dropped by C2.

The process would probably have been curtailed if the pass criteria was adjustable.

Reply #38

(2) Also, I find it easy to switch Lame versions with EAC - as the new alpha is so good I want to use this, not the version Spoon's undoubtedly excellent prog is bundled with.

You can use the comand line encoder with dBp to use any available LAME builds.

Can someone who has successfully configured the r12 command line encoder with LAME.exe share how it's done?

I posted in the dBpoweramp support forum but did not receive a responsive reply.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=11914

For the solution, go here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=59458#post59458

Reply #39
 I haven't even gotten the chance to play with r12 yet... I'll get to it someday I suppose.  I doubt I'll switch from r11.5 though.. since I have like 40000000 encoders setup on it.

number is a slight overestimate
Vorbis-q0-lowpass99
lame3.93.1-q5-V9-k-nspsytune

Reply #40
I would recommend a drive with good c2 support, R12 Reference can work wonders on these drives.

Could you please name a few new drives that have good c2 support, so I could go and fetch one.

(I was thinking about Lite-on's latest 20* dvd-burner)

Or if you could point me to threads here in HA or somewhere else.

Greatly appreciated,

Juha

edit: typo

Reply #41
I think the safe c2 option is a plextor.

Reply #44
Can i tag existing files with AMG info?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #45
CLI encoder is quite easy to use.

Not as easy as pasting my LAME string into a window and using your otherwise fine GUI, as I did with v11.5. I respect your work Spoon, but I don't want to learn the intricacies of yet another CLI. I want to point, click and know that my options are there.
EAC secure | FLAC  --best -V -b 4096 | LAME 3.97 -V0 -q0 -b32

Reply #46
CLI encoder is quite easy to use.

Not as easy as pasting my LAME string into a window and using your otherwise fine GUI, as I did with v11.5. I respect your work Spoon, but I don't want to learn the intricacies of yet another CLI. I want to point, click and know that my options are there.

Intricacies of the CLI solved:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost.php?p...mp;postcount=15

Reply #48
I have never used dBpoweramp before...
Is this release considered stable/reliable ?
Or would it be wise to wait on any improvements/bug fixes ?