Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Car CD Player (Read 2728 times) previous topic - next topic

Car CD Player

Hi guys,

I just installed my AOpen CDRW4850 device and installed the Nero Burning software.
I created a couple of audio cds (cda) from my mp3 files.
Two of my audio cds burnt at 40x speed play fine in my car's cd player.
However the other three audio cds recorded at 40x and 32x speed don't. The player only plays parts of the songs (small bursts then silence and so on).

I thought this problem might have to do with the speed I'm burning and the read speed my car cd player can handle.  However why then does my car cd player have no problems with the first two cds, but does have a problem with the others ?

Any idea. I want to play my music in my car 

Cheers,
Edwin

Car CD Player

Reply #1
However why then does my car cd player have no problems with the first two cds, but does have a problem with the others ?

Any idea. I want to play my music in my car

here's an idea: burn audio CDs at speeds no higher than 16x - You should avoid most compatibility problems. CDs burned at 20x or faster are recorded using sophisticated methods like Z-CLV (Zone Constant Linear Velocity) or P-CAV (don't remember what this means) - as opposed to the CLV method used by most recorders until 16x. You'll "waste" about 3 minutes per CD or so, but Your CDs should play fine (although You may try another CDR media or even lower recording speeds - until You get perfect playback)

EDIT: typos

Car CD Player

Reply #3
That article has been very valuable. Thanks!
She is waiting in the air