Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 + ffdshow? (Read 12515 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Is it possible to get foobar2000 to use DirectShow filters, specifically ffdshow? It would be useful to use some of the features of ffdshow with foobar2000.

Thanks in advance

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Reply #1
I have read that it is impossible because foobar uses own build codecs or via plug-ins

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Reply #2
Since when does Fb2k use its own codecs? I never read anything about that.

As far as I know the only app that does that is VLC.

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Reply #3
If you do a search this topic has been talked about many times.

Foobar uses its own plugins to play formats, like VLC.
VLC isnt the only app out there that does this...

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Reply #4
MPlayer also uses its own built-in codecs, MPC does this too... and probably some other players as well.

Where did you get the idea that VLC is the only one?
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Reply #5
just to clarify, mplayer, vlc, and ffdshow all use libavcodec.

as for foobar2000, it is highly unlikely that it will ever have support for DirectShow.

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Reply #6
You can make a FooBar2000 input plugin that wraps DirectShow. Just like the in_dshow.dll plugin for Winamp which does the same to provide DirectShow playback in Winamp both for audio and video.
But you would not be able to provide all features as if you handled the media files yourself (as custom FooBar2000 plugins do).

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Reply #7
Is it possible to get foobar2000 to use DirectShow filters, specifically ffdshow? It would be useful to use some of the features of ffdshow with foobar2000.

Thanks in advance

Anybody knows?

foobar2000 + ffdshow?

Reply #8
use avisynth script:

Code: [Select]
DirectShowSource("path to media file")